GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

Can someone tell me the difference between these to models ?

Except the obvious of the colour, wheels and that only 98 was made of this car. :chuckle:

·
Administrator
31,883 Posts
AFAIK

colour

decal on rear quarter

carbon spoiler?

erm

thats all i know

lol

·
Registered
710 Posts
From what I know, you can expect the LM to be of more future value, as it's much more rare, and was built to commemorate the 1995 LeMans... which I believe Nissan Entered.

Of the 200 or so cars that were built of the R33 LM, 36 of them had unpainted plastic front splitter's, and the rest had them all painted.

The car has a custom "Blue Top Engine Block" (Literally, a Nissan Engineer named it this soon after the car's release), and it has a carbon fibre spoiler, which generated slightly more downforce then the stock GT-R. The downside however, that drag was created at high speed, reducing the top speed of the LM version. The paint is layered in one more coat then on the GT-R, and the LM has an all black interior, as that was the only color you could get the interior.

This is all I know, I hope I helped.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok¨
thank you very much
strange they didn´t put a little ekstra power into the lm edition

·
Registered
627 Posts
strange they didn´t put a little ekstra power into the lm edition

I don't think you will find many totally standard LM's left, if any, so fairly immaterial. I will find out on Thursday after a dyno run what mine is producing. Little more than standard I hope!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
281 Posts
From what I know, you can expect the LM to be of more future value, as it's much more rare, and was built to commemorate the 1995 LeMans... which I believe Nissan Entered.

Of the 200 or so cars that were built of the R33 LM, 36 of them had unpainted plastic front splitter's, and the rest had them all painted.

The car has a custom "Blue Top Engine Block" (Literally, a Nissan Engineer named it this soon after the car's release), and it has a carbon fibre spoiler, which generated slightly more downforce then the stock GT-R. The downside however, that drag was created at high speed, reducing the top speed of the LM version. The paint is layered in one more coat then on the GT-R, and the LM has an all black interior, as that was the only color you could get the interior.

This is all I know, I hope I helped.

they came with a standard gtr interior matey, i know cos i have 1 lol, and also what is this............."Blue Top Engine Block" and what does it do other than a standard block? because in mine and everyother lm i have encountered its a standard RB26 unit

·
Registered
710 Posts
they came with a standard gtr interior matey, i know cos i have 1 lol, and also what is this............."Blue Top Engine Block" and what does it do other than a standard block? because in mine and everyother lm i have encountered its a standard RB26 unit
Yep which was black....

The Blue Top Engine Block is the color of the top of the engine, which was converted to blue from the regular red unit. There is no difference in performance.

·
Registered
281 Posts
show me a picture of a black gtr interior, are you colour blind? also the RB26 engine was only painted red when it was in the R34 in all R32 and R33 models they were black cam covers, i take it thats what you mean by "top of the engine" listen mate im not having a go it just pi$$es me off when people say things about a topic they obviously are misguided on which then confuses everyone else.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
okay

I can see that difference is not that much....
other than the colour and the BBS lm wheels.

is that right ?

·
Registered
710 Posts
show me a picture of a black gtr interior, are you colour blind? also the RB26 engine was only painted red when it was in the R34 in all R32 and R33 models they were black cam covers, i take it thats what you mean by "top of the engine" listen mate im not having a go it just pi$$es me off when people say things about a topic they obviously are misguided on which then confuses everyone else.

My GT-R's interior was so anthracite... it could have been mislead as black, that's first of all.

Second of all, after research I did, last night, 83 RB26DETT's had blue tops in the GTR LM LTD.

I'm sorry if I ****ed you off, but that's no reason to say I don't know what I'm talkng about. I know more then most people, and it offends me when someone get's "pi$$ed off" with my relative knowledge.

·
Registered
164 Posts
GTR LMs did not have black interior....

there were only 98 made... and not 200..

there were 2 models

the GT-R LM Limited and
the GT-R V-Spec LM Limited

i have the original sales brochure...

*wonders if there wer 98 vspecs and 102 non v specs.... be interesting to find out where you got the number of 200...

·
Registered
281 Posts
to be quite honest mate, i dont really care. im sick of arguing with people about topics and subjects.
where did you do your research?

im sorry you feel offended but at the end of the day this guy asked about differences and the 2 cars have exactly the same interior so why is it worth mentioning? do you own an lm edition?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Where didn't I do my research?

So you have a sales brochure. Just as much as this car is your life, it's mine too.

You may have an R33 LM, but that doesn't mean you're the authority on it. Nor does it mean I am either. I just say we agree to disagree on a subject that has no merit on anything whatsoever.

Deal?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts