GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a '95 or '96 R33 V-Spec which is as standard as possible. Alloys and exhausts are fine, but I'm trying to avoid engine mods and boost upgrades (at least to start with anyway!!). :D

Does anyone know of a good one that's either up for sale now or will be in the near future?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Firstly Hi.

You say you are looking for a stock car with no mods as such yet. I would advise in looking at some of the mod'd cars on this site that are up for sale I think there are a few. Cheapest is 666SKYs silver one which looks good value.

The reason I say this is, it will cost you a lot lot more when you come to do it yourself. Make sure the garage which did the the work will give you a verbal guarantee to the work thats been done and to prove the servicing is up to date and what worries could you have?

Pay the extra £1,500/£2,000 now or pay £4,000/£6,000 in 6 months time.

Just my personnal view.

PM the sellers on here there are a few for sale as I said.

Happy hunting tho.

...Ian

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Just to reiterate what Ian S just said, when I bought my car from Guy it was pretty much standard bar ECU and steel turbos - I've already spent well over £5000 in following the tuning path.

You'll definitely save money in the short term by buying a pre-modded vehicle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand what you're both saying here but, firstly, my current insurance company don't want me going nuts with mods, so therefore I'd like it as standard as possible to start with allowing me to do the basic mods myself (induction, exhaust, boost etc). Secondly, it means I'll know that the car's been set up properly and has been properly looked after with the added strain on the engine.

I currently drive a GTI-R and I've seen too many blow up because they've been poorly modded and set-up.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Check first...

No offence my car was near as stock when I bought it last year I'm 32 with full no claims, tracker, off road parking and garage.

It did cost £1,250 to insure, and it still does even with £3K worth of wheels a new N1 engine , Reimax turbos and every HKS pipe you can imagine.

Its now running near 500 bhp. On paper they have all the mods. As far as power increases with the boost controller off its running 0.75 bar and producing a mere 20% increase in power than stock.

So I would check out what the price differencial is between modded and not, because I think its the actual ownership of the skyline that costs and not the mods when it comes to insurance.

Again my view..Ian

·
Registered
466 Posts
? :)

How much have u got to spend??

My car is for sale with a few mods but i also have all original bits??

therefore as you get older or dafter like the rest of us crazy owners you can add the bits that you would have brought with the car :)

just a thought.

d

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You make a good case and I could go to your asking price, but I still really want a car that's had virtually nothing done to it....... I'm looking for a 'virgin' so to speak!! (never been fiddled with!!) :D

Your car looks a good'un otherwise... I'm sure you'll have no problem moving it.

Thanks for your input anyway.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,

I've just posted an ad for my standard 280 BHP R33, the only mods are aftermarket wheels, speedo in MPH and de-restricted. Give us a shout if you are still looking.

Regards,

Honda2ner.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts