GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a break down of the weight I have been able to remove, replaced the part with or maybe even added some weight back. The breakdown is in LBS.

https://www.icloud.com/numbers/0se__MkChaUVg1mTKma4AgDSQ#Weight_Savings

If anyone has the weight to the following R33 GTR parts or shared parts it would be helpful:
Steering wheel with airbag
Front lsd with gear
oem turbo manifolds
oem turbos
oem battery
Super HICAS with tie rods
Complete Doors
Windows all but front windshield

or anything else I might of not added yet.

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,032 Posts
Any chance you can and paste it here?

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
I think there are many other things that could be on your list before you get to billet block

Examples
- stock steering column
- stock dash
- chrome moly subframes (now available of the shelf)
- crap front suspension (ie the link between hub and top arm that weighs as much as a boat anchor)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I think there are many other things that could be on your list before you get to billet block

Examples
- stock steering column
- stock dash
- chrome moly subframes (now available of the shelf)
- crap front suspension (ie the link between hub and top arm that weighs as much as a boat anchor)
Everything on the excel sheet I have already swapped out or done already. The billet block was just a bonus I decided to do, I have a full RIPs RB32 setup with the whole 9 yards.

Dash - I have carbon dash already
Subframes and arms- all of mine are chromoly.
Steering column- who makes a lighter one if you don***8217;t mind me asking

The uprights I can***8217;t swap out because I need to run 15in wheels. The uprights you won***8217;t save weight either because they use R35 wheel bearings which are a lot heavier than the Skylines. I have talked to Brypar already.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts