GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi as above the car started cutting out when laboring the engine at 0bar of boost as soon as you go above that it cuts out, i have looked at all turbo hoses and vacume pipes and everything seem as it should be.

It had a bit of a missfire in the top end of the rev range and would occasionaly missfire when just driving at a constant speed eg 60mph.

Now it just turns over and wont even attempt to start.

Could it just be a coil pack has given up!? I would have thought it would still fire up unless it is the junction box they all feed into (for got the correct name for it!)

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Either whip the passenger front wheel off, remove the inner arch ***** or remove big rubber pipe that goes from the twin turbo pipe down through the chassis near the air intakes. If you can see light, you'll know the intercooler pipe is off.

Did it suddenly happen under load? Did you notice any inconsistency in boost or engine idle leading up to the issue?

·
Banned
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Turns out it was water that had got to the crank possition sensor, i checked all the above as soon as it spluttered. As i naturaly thought the pop was a boost pipe of some sort poping of.

Thanks for the help tho guys:thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was shitting my self mate!!! To cut a long story short i had to replace the powersteering pump and spilt some oil on the belts in the process, and thought i would be a good little boy and clean the belts and pullys so the belts didnt degrade or slip! Wasent carfull enough clearly!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.