GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all....

Wanted.....Spoiler mounted OE brake light for R33 GTS25t coupe.....Series one......(low level spoiler)...

...I have power to mine, but none of the LEDs work, so I assume it's toast.....:(

Willing to collect if the price is right...(any excuse for a drive:D )

....or is this the perfect excuse for an upgrade?? "no dear, no-one had a light, but I got this whole GTR spoiler for an absolute song"

hehehe:D ..Hmmmmm.....

Can anyone help?

Thanks all,

Jon.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Jon

All you need is a soldering iron, bit of wire and a tube of silicon.

I had the same with mine, so yours could possiblly be the same problem. Take the Light off the car and carefully separate the red glass from the black casing. It will go if your gentle. Look next to the incoming wire and there will be a domed capacitor. If its like mine it will be cooked. Just replace with a wire link as its only a smoothing capacitor. that should do the trick. Reseal the red glass to the casing with clear silicon job done.

Its a bit better than £185 + vat from Nissan

Ian

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Itchy:
You are hereby promoted to God status.....:D

£185 + vat from Nissan
[email protected]$kin how much????? For a £20 brake light????
Robbing bar stewards!!!!!

....what have I got to lose, it doesn't work anyway.......it'll be out by the morning dude....

(what does the capacitor really do anyway?)

Thanks so much.....will report on the results

Jon.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The capacitor keeps the LEDs at a constant light level, instead to flashing up slightly brighter when you put your foot on the brake. You won't notice the differance. Or Nissan probaly could have put one in there to keep there parts department in business £185 + Vat. I would want the complete spoiler for that :p

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hey Jon :)

I think it's a perfect opportunity to upgrade to a Series 2 rear wing... I have one for sale with you name written on it...

AUD$300, you pay COD or courier charges...

Painted silver, in perfect nick...

Merli. :p

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
£185+vat your right they are robbing bar stewards, but that doesn't include the £25+vat lookup fee.

There's a 'C' word that describes them !! :mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts