GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's the link:-
DIY front inlet plenum. - Skyline Owners Forum

Please bear with it and read untill the end.
What do you guys think, I haven't got much in the way of reaction from over there...I am so pleased with my new TIG skills, but they say it is not good, I gues they never tried?
Your comments please...
Andy.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
here's the link:-
DIY front inlet plenum. - Skyline Owners Forum

Please bear with it and read untill the end.
What do you guys think, I haven't got much in the way of reaction from over there...I am so pleased with my new TIG skills, but they say it is not good, I gues they never tried?
Your comments please...
Andy.
Top bodging, I know just how difficult TIGing ali is as a diyer :)

It would be interesting to have the plenum on a flow bench to see what the airflow distribution is like across all the runners. My worry would be that the GReddy plenum is obvioulsy designed from the outset for end feed whereas the standard 25 plenum is optimised for centre feed but good luck to you and I hope it works out ok :)

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
Agreed, the G'reddy is designed to balance flow. I think for optimum performance, the tapered effect should be applied, otherwise No.6 is going to be starved of flow. Bench flow testing is a good idea i think before trying it out on the car.

·
Banned
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well...
Even before the weather turned this bad knock readings went from a high of 130 (on SAFC2) to 0!
Throttle response is best it has ever beeen on any GTS-T with FMIC that I have driven.
There have been NO down side at all to this, nada, nothing, it is just better. full stop.
I recomend this to this house.
IF you have a GTS-T with FMIC this is about as good as it gets, IMHO.
Did anyone see the thread in general about people buying/using, being told they need.....un-ness. parts, lol I think they had a point.
Trust me, I'm a perfectionist.
Andy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts