GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been thinking about swaping from my r33 gtst with stage 1 mods to maybe a r32 gtr.gtrs seam to pull so much better 1/4 mile times than the gts all through the power stages but is it actually fast or just down to traction?what is the cost diffrence i.e fuel bills,maintance,insurance,tunning,and how reliable are they compared to a gtst?id be looking to get ethier a r32 or maybe a r33 if my funds are good at the time.is it a worth while move?
also is it worth buying a tunned one maybe a nice 450bhp?i could buy a standardish r32 for not alot more than my gtst or would i be better of getting 10/12k up togther and getting a very sorted one or nice r33?

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
come how much does your gtrs cost to run as thats the only thing that worries me and how many times has it needed work?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Depend's on how you drive em mate, When i went from R33 GTS-T to R32 GTR i didn't really notice a differance in fuel consuption.
As for insurance, the R32 was about £300 less to insure (due to age of vehicle)

They cost about the same to mod, apart for turbo's as obviously instead of buying one you now need two. The GTR is however suitable to mod, as you'll struggle to get the GTS-T above 450bhp, this figure is just over stage 1 for a GTR.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
id like to ethier get my gtst to 400bhp and 50 shot of nos or 400-500bhp r32 gtr.my gtst is stage 1 at the moment.whats the reliability like on the r32 gtr's?

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how much does your gtrs cost to run ie mpg,maintance,insurance?standard and stage 1 and 500bhp gtrs.

·
Registered
501 Posts
The complexity comes from the 4wd system mainly.

GTR = different league mate. I've just seen the light, well, driven the light.

Anyone wanna buy a GTST? :p

Butuz

·
Registered
366 Posts
im shocked it would take that much convincing to ditch a heavier R33 with a RB20 for a lighter R32 and a RB26...

You want economy or performance? Fuel and maintance costs are immaterial on a Skyline.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts