GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sold my 33 GTR and I'm looking at getting back into a GTST.

Only thing is I've not really seen anything that I like that's within my budget. All the cars I see are either too pricey or already sold.

On the other hand, I've seen some cracking 300ZX 's. Twin turbos, RWD, electric everything and some even have a removable roof.

How do they compare to a 33 GTST? A friend of mine had one very briefly and it scared the shit out him. :chuckle:
They don't seem to have the same turret top rusting problem that the 33's have.

Anyone?

·
Registered
897 Posts
They are both 2wd so I would rather go for the 300ZX which looks nicer too. Only Skyline worth buying is the GTR. A GTS with a narrow body does not cut it for me.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are both 2wd so I would rather go for the 300ZX which looks nicer too. Only Skyline worth buying is the GTR. A GTS with a narrow body does not cut it for me.
Don't agree. My GTST (330bhp) was great fun to drive and it handled well. The GTR (370 bhp) that I replaced it with was far more sedate unless you caned it. Then it went like a rocket.
The GTST went like that ALL the time. :chuckle:

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Interesting opinions on the GTS compared to the GTR.
When I was looking for my Skyline, I didn't give the GTS a thought. And wouldn't change my GTR for anything.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I own an R33 GTR that I love, but I've been driving an S15 around all week and have had a blast with it.

You notice how much lighter it is.

It has half the hp of my GTR but who cares...?

And 300Z's are such a pain in the rear to work on I'd pass them over for that alone, then factor in they weigh a ton.

Cory

·
Registered
268 Posts
i'd have an r34gtt, r33gtst or r32gtst over a 300zx any day,

300zx's are a total pain to work on.

and gtst's are loads of fun to drive..totally different to a gtr.

i've owned all the gtst's,love them.
still own an r32gtr and a 2wd stagea(more fun than the rs4).

would never have a 300zx again.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,193 Posts

Only thing is I've not really seen anything that I like that's within my budget. All the cars I see are either too pricey or already sold.

On the other hand, I've seen some cracking 300ZX 's. Twin turbos, RWD, electric everything and some even have a removable roof.

How do they compare to a 33 GTST? A friend of mine had one very briefly and it scared the shit out him. :chuckle:

Anyone?
Z32 with 2+2 config are pretty heavy. Good engine and a stiff chassis. Not much rear seat space, headroom is very limited.

Excellent VFM (like R33 GTST to be fair).

They have the same headlights as a Lambo Diablo.

Most seem to be autos which is a downer. Likewise they are underbraked. The OEM set-up is worse than the R32 GTR!

·
Registered
103 Posts
You're up the road to me, I'm happy to take you for a spin in mine.

MS33 has seen it at Wings & Wheels a few months ago on the stand.

Only running just over 508bhp at the hubs though......

·
Registered
924 Posts

Anyone?
Hi.

I have a 300zxtt in great condition. Owned it for 13 years now and bought an R35 with the intention of running it for a year then getting shut and going back to the 300. May keep the R35 now so might be inclined to sell.

It has the big 345mm discs fitted and now stops like a modern car :)

Running about 380 BHP and goes really well, if a little scary in the damp!

If you decide you want a really good example and you can live with the multi-flip colour, drop me a PM and I'll send you some photos.

Satan

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Thought it was mentioning that the op said zx or gts . I doubt he wants a gtr/gts argument on his thread and I don't think he is spending 34gtt money.

If awd is a priority or you want the zx styling then the choice is easy if not I would go for a gts .if you get the righ car they are serious value for money.

As for more fun - it depends on what you want. Personally I don't like sliding around even though it may be controllable on a track in the dry. I prefer AWD and that would be if I was looking for a skyline, a zx or stagea. Much more drivable in the wet as well.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Just look under the bonnet, they're a nightmare to work on compared to a GTS-T. The short wheel base 300ZX is a pretty car though and the interiors are a bit more appealing than the Skylines.

cheers
Stu

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
GTS-t all day long:clap:

It's lighter, cheaper, easier to tune, less complicated, less rare and standard lump good for 400+++ ... Ultra reliable too and strong.

Performance bargain - no other car on the planet offers as much for as little:thumbsup:

SUCH an underrated car!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
The 300 ZX is a grand tourer, so its more suited for long journeys with a bit of handling thrown in.

They are old cars and the above average upkeep costs would mean alot of neglected cars out there.

The GTS-T and GTR are noiser, harsher, sticks out like a sore thumb to the police and chavs, but of course more sporty and eventful.

You pay yer money and make your choice, I'd personally go for a clean 300ZX, more than fast enough for the public road.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I would agree with both of the above!:confused::confused::confused::chuckle:

Reading this thread got me thinking about my old 300zxtt. She was a real beut, one of the last UK cars, full red / black leather interior and pushing 400bhp. I wonder where she is now! Here are a few photos that I managed to find.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
GTS-t all day long:clap:

It's lighter, cheaper, easier to tune, less complicated, less rare and standard lump good for 400+++ ... Ultra reliable too and strong.

Performance bargain - no other car on the planet offers as much for as little:thumbsup:

SUCH an underrated car!
:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts