GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHERE COULD I GET NEW HEADLIGHTS FOR MY R33 GTR 1995.OR COULD I REPLACE THE LENSES.XEON KITS WILL THEY HELP.PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I fitted Phillips Vision Plus +50 Xenon replacement bulbs. Cost about £30 for the four. Good improvement for little outlay.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
And you should also be able to polish the outer lenses with a good cutting compound, if they are showing signs of 'yellowing'. This question has been asked a number of times, so I would also suggest you use the search fuction for more tips on how to do this properly.

genuine Xenon headlights cost anywhere between £500 and £1000 - EACH!!!!

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Agreed.... Tried the Phillips and the Halfords Platinum Plus (or a name similar to that anyway) +50% bulbs.... The Phillips were whiter and very slightly brighter.

As Steve says, you can keep the lenses nice and clear by using a light polish.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you look on Ebay you can find the conversion kits for about £90 delivered from the UK. I've just fited a set and they look great, only fiddly bit is finding somewhere to mount the ballast box.

Was gonna go for the 6K ones but ended up going for 8K which have a very slight tint of blue (bmw stlye) but not too bad.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Give them a good clean with washing up liquid, then use T-Cut on them and see how they look. If the browning has gone you will notice a much better light. And as already posted fit the Phillips bulbs.
If you dont care about money just buy the HID kit which a few people have fitted and say its good or pay up to £1000 for a set of Nissan HIDs.

I dont have to tell you which i ended up doing! lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts