GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ppl, i have been thinking about this ever since i got my car and it annoys me. is there any way of making my dipped beam stay on when i turn the high beam on like europian cars rather then just having one or the other?
Thanks for any help

·
Registered
396 Posts
Yes there is.

You will need -

2x Ring terminals for + and - feeds
2x 4pin automotive relays (halfords or any car spares place)
8x Spade connectors to fit the relays (if anyone can get proper plug in connectors pm me)
2-3 metres black cable
2-3 metres red cable
1x Inline fuse holder and fuse (20amp I *think*)

The rest I hope is explained in the attached piccy, but will answer any questions as best I can.

Use the ring terminals to connect to positive and negative feeds, red cable where the red lines are black wire where the black lines are and just wire into the green lines preferably by soldering.

Turning on the main beam lights trips the relay over which then supplies 12v into the dipped beam lights

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for that. i had a reply on the skylineowners forum about soldering two bits of the circuit together on the light switch circuit so will try that first as it seems quick and easy and see how that goes.

·
Registered
420 Posts
thanks for that. i had a reply on the skylineowners forum about soldering two bits of the circuit together on the light switch circuit so will try that first as it seems quick and easy and see how that goes.
Could you copy the answer here as I'm also interested in it! :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts