GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new visitor of this excellent site, and having owed a R33 Gts for nearly four years, I'm thinking of upgrading to a R34 GTR in the near future. However, I'm currently seeking a new main battery for the Gts, and cannot seem to find the same as the original one ( Varta 5210?!!). This battery runs only 35A, and everybody seems to think this is very low. Could anyone suggest an alternative or perhaps other Gts owners recommend one that immproves initial start-up??

Kg1

·
Registered
605 Posts
new battery

I just put a new battery in my GTS on Sunday. I got it from Budget (the tyre and exhaust place) cost me £40. Ijust measured the battery tray and got the most powerful battery that would fit in. 500AH if I remember correctly and it's got a 4 year warranty.

I bought a set of terminal connectors from Halfords for £1.99 each then cut the old connectors off the original leads and fitted the new ones.

The car starts much better now, with my old battery the clock and warning lights used to disappear when I tried to start the car.

I saw ones in Halfords that were 620 cold cranking amps that cost £68 but I don't know if they'd fit in the battery tray.

Hope this helps

Les:smokin:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Renault Clio diesel battery (L reg) fits like a glove.
Not sure of the amps but since needs to start a diesel complete with heater plugs then it starts a skyline easily.
Should not cost too much.
Direct replacement no need to cut/rewire anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts