GTR Forum banner

R33 Rear Brake Question

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  old_s13 
#1 ·
I've got an S13 track car that I'm building and just have a quick question for the pros here.

I'm running a stoptech 4-pot front brake setup and already have Z32 2-pot rears. I'm curious what the rotor sizes are for the R33 GTR rear rotors? I'm doing some research and wanted to see what the size differences are between the Z32 rear and R33 GTR rear.

As a side-note, do R34 front and rear brakes fit onto the older R33/R32 chassis? Sorry for the n00b questions.. but im a bit out of my elements here.

TIA

mike / clearcorners.com

#2 ·
Here's what I know - yes the brakes on 32, 33, 34 are backward compatible (you might need to change the lines)

Z32 and the R32 (GTR) have very similar calipers (same pads) but not 100% at the front

Z32 Front varies but the early model turbo had an ally caliper with 280x32 discs, later turbos had steel calipers with the same disks (same as S14 200SX)

R32 GTR has 295x32 front discs

R32 and Z32 rears are 295x18

R33/34 GTR have Brembos is 324x30 at the front and 300x22 at the back.

Later model R34 GTRs might have bigger rear discs (not sure about that though)

#3 ·
Thanks for the links, but I found the master book that had all the info I was looking for. It was off of the DBA rotor catalog, showed me all the import vehicles that are not listed/available here in the US such as the GTR

No benefit in going with R33 rear brakes, but as a side note i found it interesting that the new 370Z has some seriously large front and rear brakes. Not really worth it, at least I dont think so.

Thanks for the help anyway, much appreciated.

ps: Here is a link to the DBA catalog
http://www.dba.com.au/2006/PDF_CATALOGUE/Catalogue_AUST/AustCat140709.pdf

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.