GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any information on where I can get hold of a rear diffuser for my R-33. The standard Veilside one looks ok, but before I go and buy that, does anyone have any other suggestions. A second hand one would be more than useful!

Regards,

Rupert

·
Registered
666 Posts
Alan,
I think your confusing diffuser with spoiler.
I think Rupert is referring to a diffuser for an R33, similar to what an R34 V-spec has.
L8r

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Diffusers

Rupert.

I am sure there are places that will make you one which will probably be cheaper than buying one.There was a post somewhere by MattJ I think ,of a company that will make a bonnet out of carbon fibre(mmmmmmm nice):) .If they can make a bonnet then I'm sure they can make your diffuser.

Tempt them by saying all your fellow Skyline owners want one too !:D

How much out of intrest is the TS one and what does it look like ?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Company names??

Dear All,

Thanks for the advice. I am after a rear diffuser, not a rear spoiler. I was thinking of something along the lines of an exaggerated version of the R34 V-Spec one. The reason is simply down to the fact that as my car has full bodykit on the front and sides, the back looks distinctly crap and half finished. If a number of you are interested in a cool looking diffuser for your R-33, please reply here and I'll investigate into getting some made up. Does anyone have the contact information of the people who make the carbon bonnets?

Rupert

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
Rupert,

Have you tried looking through a Hype Rev book.
There are loads in there, from subtle to wild.

If not try www.takakaira.com they have all the Jap brands.

Mind you they are an Aero Dynamic devise and so complicated, or are you just after asthetics?

Other than that, I have two friends who work in sales for a Carbon Fibre fabrication co.
They are actually in talks with Nissan at the moment trying to get the job of skinning the R35's:eek:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Rupert/others interested are you all looking for the part that comes as rear of a body kit or looking for an undertray like the 34 has?

I have Hyper Revs mag R 33 edition, the 34 under tray does fit with modification. There was a previous thread , and some one said they would make some up if interest was high. Slso there are plenty of options on rear deffusers, try here:

http://www.takakaira.co.jp/aerokits/aerokitindex.php3?sideon=sidemenu.php3?cat=4

I too could be interested...Ian

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now hear this!!!

I have done some homework and have found someone with a set of moulds for a rear diffuser off a GT-2 car. We are now looking to see if we can modify this to fit seamlessly onto the rear of an R-33. We will be most likely replacing the bumper in it's entirety, with a completely new bumper / rear diffuser set up. The shape is not dissimilar to the R-34 diffuser however, it's more exaggerated and generally more 'in your face'. The final construction will be from 4mm Fibreglass, to keep the strength up and the cost down. This will be a professionally produced product, designed by a close friend of mine, which I will, if we go ahead, be fitting to my vehicle.

The only issue is cost. In order to manufacture the original mould, it will cost a lot of cash with each of the individual castings being obviously a lot less to produce. I would need the commitment of at least five people before a production run was initiated. The cost would be around £500 per unit.

This is just a pipe dream at the moment (a serious one nevertheless), although if I get enough of a response from this post, who knows? Obviously at this time, there would be no commitment, but I would like to see roughly the volume of people interested.

Please let me know you interest and comments.

Regards,

Rupert

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Rupert if you can get any picturesof your design or pictures of look a likes, I would be willing to put my money on the table. One other thing how much would paint and fitting be?

Also like Petes picture will there be an exhaust cut away as not everyone has the same pipes. I for example run the HKS Dual dragger.

..Ian

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Proposed Diffuser...

There will be large exhaust cutaway, large enough to fit all major after market brands. There will also be a metal plate riveted above the exhaust cutaway, to act as a heat shield. It's difficult to describe the shape without having a diagram. I am working on getting something posted in the near future, needless to say, it's nothing like the usual run of the mill lumps of pointy fibreglass that I have seen from all other body kit companies.

This will be a proper diffuser, like the types you see on the back of proper racing cars complete with associated under tray and vertical fins. We are trying to find away of attaching the under tray somewhere behind the rear diff.

Painting and fitting will be up to you however, it should be in the region of £150 max.

I will keep you posted.

Rupert

1 - 13 of 13 Posts