GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi I was reading a post about hicas and lock out bars BUT I was only reading because the post said that the back of the car seems very unearthing. My R33 GTR V-Spec feels unstable when cornering or even going over cats eyes. I don't want to change to a lock out bar as of yet but am wondering what the problem may be it is as if the back sways but there is no body roll.

I have a Peugeot 406 diesel for work and I feel I can corner very fast and very safe in that the front and rear hold the same line so to speak. But my skyline does not give me any confidence when cornering or a straight line on cats eyes. It seems worst when cornering and run over over cats eyes almost like the front goes round but the back goes the other way in a unsafe way.

what do you think this could be?

i would be very grateful for your help

thank you

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
try resetting the hicas - park the car on a level surface with the wheels pointing straight ahead - disconnect the battery ( positive terminal in engine bay ) for 5 or 10 minutes. This should reset the hicas..

then give it a try..

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
HICAS works best when you've thrown it all into the garbage...

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
[QUOTE = kismetcapitan; 1180724] HICAS works best when you've thrown it all into the garbage ...[/ QUOTE]

I am beginning to agree !

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I've got one 33/34 Hicas Bar left from my last production run. Would be up for grabs if someone needs one desperately.

I don't like the Hicas either..

Marc

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi all been a while but have now had the front big lolly pop arm/bushes done and 4 wheel lazer alignment done now everything is ok happy now.

Thanks for the help and tips

1 - 10 of 10 Posts