GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I be doing a search for this?? Probably!

Anyway, is it worth ajusting the rear spoiler angle for track use on my R33 GTR? Does it offer better down force or in reality just a flashy extra.

Mark.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Depends totally upon the circuit. If it's tight and you seldom exceed 100mph ish, I'd stick it on max down force. Somewhere like Bedford or Silverstone GP where (depending upon your car) you'll be seeing 140mph+, you'd do best to have it mid way somewhere, IMHO. I do think it has an effect although not drastic.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
It will help and is probably worth doing for the track. Most of the work is being done my the by the undertrays anyway.

:cool:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Peter - errr - come on - get with the programme

Undertrays - R34 ?? - Diffusers ??

By the way - top result at TJ DD - nice pics of you in this months Jap perf mag at dyno day - my missus said - and I quote

"ooooo - Peter E is cute "

Gimme money Peter - or I bring her to next track day !!

:p

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Wotcha stranger!! How's tricks?

Mark's got a 33 so he hasn't got any undertrays unless my car has it's nicked by somebody....? I realise 34 Vspecs have but 33's don't. :rolleyes: Anyways, can't see they do much, not having them hasn't made much difference to me when up against the odd 34. :)

PLEASE don't come on here mentioning that picture. I've always realised that I'm not photogenic but I really was caught in a bad moment there! Did your missus have her specs on or was she pi55ed?

See you soon I hope.

Cheers.

Peter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts