GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
having just picked up my R33, I'm a little disappointed with the factory steering wheel. Obviously with it containing an air bag, it's going to be a bit trickier than normal, to replace?

Firstly am I actually legally allowed to remove/replace it?
secondly, is there a set way of removal without it going off in my face? lol
thirdly, how do I dispose of it once it's removed (as it naturally contains a small amount of explosives??

Any help would be gratefully received:)

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
hi mate. simple job really. feel at the back of the steering wheel and the are two bolts that go from the back towards the front, these hold the airbag module in place. undo and the remove. take of steering wheel slowly as the are two plugs to disconnect for the airbag. once the bag is off these a big nut to undo and hey presto a little persuasion and its off. just a word of advice first. if you are planning an fitting a momo or similar wheel you need to buy the correct boss, this has a couple of units that plug into the plugs you have left behind from the airbag, these also prevent the airbag warning light on the dash coming on...p.s when removing wheel be careful not to smack yourself in the face.....:) bernie

·
Premium Member
9,657 Posts
I believe WHIFBITZ do a replacement boss for MOMO steering wheels that were formerly airbag.

I ordered mine recently from them but as I'm waiting on something else to arrive with it, it may be some time before I get it so can't comment further.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.