GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Interesting read. I like all the GT-R variants but the R33 has always been my favourite. I've never really understood the hate it gets, but articles like that will certainly help improve its image. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Read this yesterday, it is a great read and yet it is another incorrect article stating the R33 is the heaviest GTR, it ISN'T!! It really pisses me off that this myth is still considered truth by everyone on the internet! The R34 is the heaviest, the R35 is heavier still but obviously is a more modern car. (It is also massively wider than the others).

The R34 is 30kg heavier than the R33 but the R33 is 20mm longer than the R35, apparently this makes it the "biggest and heaviest GTR" usually by idiotic American teenagers on YouTube who have never even seen a GTR outside of Gran Turismo! :chairshot

/Rant over!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Read this yesterday, it is a great read and yet it is another incorrect article stating the R33 is the heaviest GTR, it ISN'T!! It really pisses me off that this myth is still considered truth by everyone on the internet! The R34 is the heaviest, the R35 is heavier still but obviously is a more modern car. (It is also massively wider than the others).

The R34 is 30kg heavier than the R33 but the R33 is 20mm longer than the R35, apparently this makes it the "biggest and heaviest GTR" usually by idiotic American teenagers on YouTube who have never even seen a GTR outside of Gran Turismo! :chairshot

/Rant over!
They are quick...as long as the tides in.

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
:chuckle::chuckle:

You been drinking cheap oil again Sully!??

R33...best GTR...:ban:

TT

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,170 Posts
Not a bad article but some slightly dodgy claims in there.

So the R33 is the only four door GTR? If we ignore that that car was (AFAIK) an Autech car the original Skyline GTR had four doors.

The Le Mans cars were not really GTRs. Like most Le Mans car in the GT category they were very heavily modified, ran RWD only etc. Nothing against them but a very different kettle of fish compared to the touring cars.

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
C'mon Moleman me old mukka, Lets once more open up a Can of Worms!

Still faster then a 32 or 34 around the Nurburgring too, tide or not ;) :smokin:

What is they say about a picture speaking a thousand words? What does a "You Tube" Video say then??

Oh dear, 08:14.25...As for the BCNR33's Ring time....

As impressive as that 8:01.72 time is, True enthusiasts know the real R33 GT-R's time below :-

Cannot argue with photo evidence like that!:chuckle:

:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
Love my bcnr33 don’t understand why there is much hate about it ?
Its because all of the BNR32 Owners bought the wrong Skyline GT-R Racermusen!

Not only is the R32 a lot slower than Our R33's but this wobbly jelly like inferior GT-R was built and sold in such large numbers that truly make them common as muck in comparison too....:chuckle:

HTH!:double-finger:

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Wasn't the 8'01" time from Best Motoring when they tried to replicate the lap? I'm sure they used the same driver and got to within a couple of seconds of the original sub 8 minute lap... :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts

The Japanese arent known for being 100% honest either and there is speculation that the car wasnt exactly standard, imagine that.

Well jdm4life, Imagine if they'd used a Nismo 400R instead of that Silver BCNR33....

I wonder if you'd still be bitching about Dirk Schoysman's sub eight minute Nürburgring lap time for a Standard Factory production model Skyline then?:chuckle:

JM2PW!:D

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
Proves nothing other than the over egged hype around anything with a GTR badge on.

Dear oh dear, You really have fallen out of love with Our beasties....:rotz:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts