GTR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested to know the opinions of those who have changed from an r33 to an r33 (gtr only) your opinion on how it drove/ advantages / disadvantages.

The reason I ask is that I am very happy with my r33 Gtr at 400bhp, it handles nicely on tein super streets. Over the last 2 years i have been collecting bits to go to a 750bhp rb30 bigger brakes fuel system ect.

Now as we all know adding this type of power only adds a fraction of the money spent on the value of the car. So I am thinking before I bolt in all these nice shiney bits should I trade up to an r34, which would also give me the gearbox I would want in my r33.

So really interested to know if you have been from r33 to r34 was it worth it and how did the handling compare, did you notice the extra weight.

Please don't suggest an r32 as I know they are the lightest, I just don't like them.

·
Registered
752 Posts
R33 to R34

Hi David

I'm not much of an expert in this field but for me the 34 seems more 'planted' and harder/stiff ride, my r33 was on trust springs and a stage 1 tune (448bhp) and my R34 again a mild tune but on some relatively new Apexi coil overs. My suggestion is that if you can afford to then go and buy the R34 because for me it was the ultimate and if I ever could I would also go back to owning a R33 and R32 to finish things off. Sorry about a poor comparison but I suppose the only way to get a fair review is by driving both models with identical mods or standard trim only.
P.s me personally I would not want to have more that 10-12k max invested in a R33 and about 7-9k in a R32, where as with the R34 I would happily have 25-30k with right mods in place because I think they will hold their value.

Sulaman

1 - 2 of 2 Posts