GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after a conversation with Mark at Abbey, I decided to have a few bits done to my car...

You can imagine my thoughts when the first update picture he sent me was this one:eek:

I'd opted to go for a through dash cage rather than the ones that bend around the dash and the cage was painted body colour.

I asked for a neat install as I'm very particular about my car and the interior is full leather, so they promised me that they'd do a great job :bowdown1:

The rear cross member is removeable but I've never really had passengers in the back so doubt it'll ever get removed.

I think body colour was a good choice in the end...

Cusco cage...

Sun visors have to be relocated...

The rears back in and a bit of warmth in the car and the leather should take the new shape...

The trade secret is to get a headless man to fit the dash...

Whilst they were at it they installed my Defi HUD and Stack dash...

All back together and final tweeks going on...

Dash on ignition only...

Close up of the through-dash penetration...

I've got plans to update the buttons and indicators so it should look similar to this when complete...

Just needs a good clean now:chuckle:

I'm not a fan of gauges everywhere and have had the Dash for almost 2 years so decided it was time to fit it.

Looking forward to collecting the car from Abbey when I get home from Kazakhstan.

Huge thanks to all the guys at Abbey and especially Mark for his help and support.

Thanks,
Matt.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
looking really good mate, roll cage looks awsome, loving the head up display too

James.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Superb :D Good choice of colour for the cage. You having any padding fitted to it (as it hurts ALOT when your head hits it!)?

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Superb :D Good choice of colour for the cage. You having any padding fitted to it (as it hurts ALOT when your head hits it!)?
Certainly am having padding fitted Jim, found some nice thick FIA stuff with covers already ;)

·
Administrator
31,883 Posts
:bowdown1: :bowdown1: :bowdown1: :bowdown1: :bowdown1: :bowdown1: :bowdown1: :bowdown1: :bowdown1: :bowdown1: :bowdown1: :bowdown1: :bowdown1: :bowdown1: :bowdown1:

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got any more pics of the interior? Looks like a very tasty retrim.
It's the full Connolly leather option that was offered to UK customers on the R33's - I chose the colours closest to the original interior and had the seats embossed at the same time.

This was the interior prior to being delivered at Abbey;

·
Registered
122 Posts
u got a nice nterior man!!!!!! is this dash borad is a top screat ? looks like this for me....

·
Registered
122 Posts
u got a nice nterior man!!!!!! is this dash borad is a top screat ? looks like this for me....
Plus i like the speedometer location , reminds me of the cars

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Plus i like the speedometer location , reminds me of the cars
The dash is made by STACK and it's mounted in a SARD carbon surround - I think the TS RII has the same dash from memory?

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
That looks like a Top-Job from Abbey(once more):wavey:

Cage fits perfect,color is 100% the right choice,the stack is awesome but the hud would not be my choice,at night it looks great,but in daytime it looks top much like aftermarket parts.

But in the end,you are happy with it,thats what counts:thumbsup:

Alex

1 - 20 of 58 Posts