GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just had a very sobering experience from a car tyre dealer and now need some genuine advice please.

Thinking all was well when he was jacking the car up (small trolley jack) to balance the tyres I drove a few days later to have some Bridgestone SO3's fitted at another garage.

HOWEVER, on inspecting the underside of the car it was quite clear the the trolloy jack has been mis positioned and had therefore bent a section of the metal flange area near to the normal jacking point making it useless.

QUESTION:

How robust is the R33 GTR (96 model) in this area and what other 'effects' might this cause ?

Worried of Berkshire

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bit difficult - but it looks as if a rock has hit the area around the jacking point causing the flange to rotate and almost flatten.

I can't see any cracks or anything similar over the area of about 10cm by 5cm approximately

Still in Shock.

·
Following EJH#25
6,841 Posts
Bent Sills.

Most of the UK cars that I have seen, all have bent sills front and rear due to the way in which they are lifted on the four post lift. You will notice front and rear 'flattening' in the ares you described.
I was horrified when I heard a couple of cars that were lifted for the first time!
According to the dealer, this is 'normal' and nothing to be worried about?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts