GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone.

i have intermittent warning light which keeps coming up. (!) is the sign and i would like to know what it is.

the car is driving normally so not 100% sure what it is and what to do about it.

any suggestions/ answers would be greatly appreciated

thanks!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i searched and found someone said that but my brake fluid level is above minimum so bit confused about that.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Hmm. Perhaps low pads or a duff sensor maybe

Fill the brake fluid to the max level- that may work (I had to do this once years ago)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ill try filing the brake fluid up to see what happens. I'm not sure if its the sensor as the light tends to come on first thing in the morning then in the afternoon it doesn't come on

·
Registered
336 Posts
In the morning it's cold & the fluid contracts, once it's up to temp it expands a little and turns the light off. Like Jags said, check your pads, if they're low, the brake pistons are extended out & will use more fluid. If you add to it then do a brake service, you may overflow the reservoir when compressing the calipers. Brake fluid is nasty stuff, it'll corrode everything it touches, so be mindful.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes its the brake pads on the rear are low so the piston is causing the fluid to drop just below the min line causing the light to come on. So brake pad change due then.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had that light on my R32 when I got it and the fluid level fixed it. But not after I took my center console apart to check the switch. Lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts