GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys ive found a complete set of xenon projectors headlights for sale and was just wondering how much better they are than standard headlights? or would i be better going for a DIY bi-xenon conversion myself?

cheers

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so what do you guys think shell out the extra for the oem ones or dig my creativity out the shed and DIY it?

·
Registered
25,956 Posts
the oem xenon set up is a much better than the oem stock lights

make sure the complete set up has the ballasts and they fully work

from nissan both are sold separate and now are around £3k for a set

if you can DIY them great, but i think off the shelf maybe best

depends on budget

used (for really excellent condition ones) are around £1300

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers matty, gona order a set of spare headlights so ive got plenty of time to work it out etc and still be able to drive her :)

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
so what do you guys think shell out the extra for the oem ones or dig my creativity out the shed and DIY it?
Depends how good your DIY is. If you do it well it will be better than an OEM setup (say bixenon).

If you havent got the skills/bother then OEM is the way to go.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
OEM xenons are better than stock but still pretty crap in comparison to modern day lights. If you're a bit handy then I'd D.I.Y it with some more upto date modern stuff.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sent an email to an american company called the retrofit source, they sell full projector conversion kits, so just need to find out how much and what they recommend to fit the R33 headlight unit!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Depends how much you;re paying for them.

I personally went the DIY route as you can get some VERY high quality (better than OEM) projectors + bulbs in any K you want + custom cutoffs and shrouds, bi-xenon too! from The Retrofit Source over in the US.

Went thi9s route as i have a spec 2 gtst front end, but even then it cost me around the 200 mark with a discount code including shipping.

This gives you the opportunity to find a good set of headlight lenses too that arn't marked up / yellow as a lot of headlights for sale now have some major wear on them and it's becoming increasingly hard to find a set with the mounts still intact , let alone with them getting broken in the post.

Will post pictures once it's all done, going for vented high beams too ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts