GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was driving to work this morning and the 4wd light came on. give me a bit of a shock as this is the first time it came on. so when I have a bit of time I started the car again and its gone. but half way going hom eit came back on again. can anyone tell me what it is?????? and will it be expensive to fix??? did a little search but htey are all R32s are the R33 the same about the wires at the back of the car????

Any help would be great!!!

Leon.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Not sure if they are the same as the 32's or not. But you can check the control unit under the back dash in the trunk, there is an LED that flashes. Count the number of times it flashes and the service guide will tell you possible causes and where to start looking.

Is the fluid res. in the trunk low?

Hopefully someone with more exp. on 33's can chime in.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any one???????????? what type of oil do I put into the tank in the boot???? help!!!!! :D

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers mate will give it a shot.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tried it and the light still come on, doesnt look like its leaking. some one say that you can check for code or something. how do I do that and where is it located???

·
Registered
130 Posts
in the boot under the back dash there is a metal box, left center. Turn the car on and let it run and check the light on the bottome of the box. It will flash a certain number of times, pause, and repeat. Count the number of flashes...

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
check the code and it goes 4 fast flash and 5 slow flash or it could be the other way round. if some one can tell me what problem this is that would be excellent.

·
Registered
130 Posts
There is no fast or slow on the ETS contoller, only a pulse every second and waits 3-4 and then presents either the next code or starts over if only one thing is wrong.

·
R35 Section manager
11,014 Posts
Some ideas...

1. Loose connection on A Torque controller you have added to the car?

2. Sensor due to be replaced? (Could be the steering one,under the steering wheel-As the 4wd light is on and off?)

3. Check fluids, front and back of car. (My power steering was low which made the HICAS light very unhappy!)

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Check the fluid in the boot. Mine did this for around 6 months on and off then went for good. Connection maybe?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the light from the controller flashed 4 fast then 5 slow then it will stop for a few sec then 4 fast and 5 slow again.

the 4wd light only came on when the car is moving, so if I start the car and not moving the light wont come on. but once moving a little while it will pop up.

will have a look at the sensor behind the steering wheel tomorrow. if not I will give up and pay up and get someone to fix it. :runaway: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts