GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I smelt a clutch burning smell when I first bought my r33gtr and the clutch felt worn so this was replaced.I have just picked up the car and noticed that on full lock the rear wheels essentially lock up and skip like the diff is locked.as far as I can tell this only happens at low speeds.I tried to reverse it on full lock earlier and it simply refused to budge.whenever this happens I get a bad clutch burning smell.The previous owner mentioned he had changed the fluids and I’m hoping he has used the wrong oils.even in neutral if I try and coast round a tight corner it will stop me dead.very confusing.Any help greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Do you know what rear diff is fitted?
The front is known to clunk/skip at low speed full lock with some aftermarket front diffs in.
If it locks even in neutral sounds like diff issue not gearbox/clutch.
You could put car on lift and try turning a rear wheel while somebody holds the other side and see what happens.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks
I will try at the weekend.it’s a standard diff and yes it does the same thing in neutral

·
Registered
243 Posts
If it's a standard differential you may need limited slip differential oil to keep the clutches from locking up prematurely.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It has fresh lsd oil in it but I have a feeling the plates are stuck together as it stood in dry storage for 8 years

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yeah, if the plates have welded themselves together or something similar you may be in for a major rebuild of the diff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts