GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
supposing i can get ahold of an R34 6spd...

if i was inclined to do the swap:

- what do i need to take from the R34 for the swap? any extra bits i need besides the gearbox?

- how easily does it line up? any fabrication/modification needed?

- how easy is the wiring?

if anyone has any links or threads about this, itd be much appriciated :D

cheers

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Yep, do a search on this. Definitely info available.

I think there was some mention of the speedo drive in R32 being mechanical as opposed to electronic in R33 and R34. Not sure about the other diffs though.

The R34 box is also supposed to be much much stronger. From what i gather, the R32 box is a bit of a puppy you have to look after.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
AFAIK,

You need;

R34 Getrag Box
R34 Pull Clutch/Flywheel
R34 Front Prop
R34 Front half of rear prop
Then you need to modify the gearbox mount bracket to fit the 32.

There maybe a couple of other bits with regards the wiring/speed sensor. I think that's about it. This is only what I've heard, I've not tried it yet but might be looking to do this later in the year.

Hope this helps, perhaps someone who's done it can confirm.

Cheers
Nito

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
ChristianR said:
surely it be cheaper just to get an uprated gearset for the r32 gearbox ?
Probably not when you factor in the cost of a professional rebuild plus removal/refitting labour charges...

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Cheapest would probably be to find a 34 owner who's upgrading to a sequential and p/ex the necessary 32/33 parts which are the opposite of whats needed for converting a 34 to run the sequential and pay the extra for the getrag.

Regards
Nito

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
NITO said:
Cheapest would probably be to find a 34 owner who's upgrading to a sequential and p/ex the necessary 32/33 parts which are the opposite of whats needed for converting a 34 to run the sequential and pay the extra for the getrag.

Regards
Nito
hmm... well I was thinking of doing that perhaps in the future.. but well if the right offer comes along :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts