GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every1,

I have an R34 GTT which the air con is only blowing air softly through the top vents. The air con fan is turned all the way up and u can hear the fan spinning.

I noticed that even when i put the air con on for the top vents only, i can still feel it coming down the bottom near the vents near your feet. Is there a hose or something that could be disconnected or split?

Im presuming there is either something unplugged with the air con ducting, or what ever controls the air 'mode' (top vents, bottom vents, both top and bottom vents, top vents + window - etc) is not working as i am still getting lots of air out of the bottom vents near my feet, and only very soft air out the top vents.

So far, I have -

- Checked fuses, all ok
- Cleaned filters, all ok
- Fan speed controller, all ok
- Fan, all ok
- In cabin air sensor (near steering wheel - was unplugged, it plugged back in), all ok
- Replacement climate control unit, mine is all ok
- Did the air con sensor check, got result 20, which means sensors are all ok.

Anybody have any ideas what to check next or what could cause this? I am out of ideas!

Thank u

·
Registered
594 Posts
There are vent flaps, like gates if you want, that open and shut when you choose between where you need the air directed, eg windscreen, foot or face. At some point in time it seems your dashboard or interior AC fan unit may have been removed. One or more of the flaps may be jammed or stuck in close or almost close position. When switched to face, the air is forcing its way to the flap but not able to get through.

There may be a few flaps blocked or jammed thus the air still getting out at foot when its directed at face.

Check all.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks so much for your reply.

That makes sense. Where exactly are the flaps located? I'll check them out. And if they are jammed, what can you use to unjam them?

Thanks so much again really appreciate your help :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I just downloaded the R34 service manual and i think im looking for the 'mode door' actuator.

It could be jammed or unplugged. But it doesnt have a picture or description in the service manual as to where exactly in the car the 'mode door' actuator is located?

I also did the air con diagnosis test and it came up with error 33, 33.5, 34 and 34.5 - which i believe are errors for the mode door.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts