GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out today that my clutch and flywheel has apparently vanished off the face of the Earth (dont ask). Consequently I need to get another one - new or used.

Quick question - would an R34 clutch (standard or otherwise) fit a '96 R33 GTR?

I'm assuming I would need a "pull" style clutch, am I correct?

Anyone selling a low mileage aftermarket clutch? (twin plate preferred but everything considered)

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hmmm.. I have a feeling it wont. But I will check, and if it does I will take it off your hands! :)

EDIT: Having checked, its possible it might be the same model as that which goes on the BCNR33. I dont know if there is any way of you checking, but from what I can tell it needs to be part number 30000-RS595. This model seems to be compatible with both 1993-on R32s, and all R33s.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Richard, you're a star.

I will probably have to leave sorting this out until Monday at the earliest since I am out on site tomorrow. Tis a bit of a spanner in the works however... :(

Incidentally Richard (sorry to bug you) but have you had chance to read over my previous message to you? :)

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Luke,

Thanks for your help, a few quick questions:

Do you have any ETA on when it would be available?
Any idea on how much you'd be selling it for?
Any idea how much mileage/wear on it?

Any/all information gratefully received. :)

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
just a quick one....ummmm, Durzel, how the fcuk have you managed to lose the clutch?????? or is it a case that the persons who lost the clutch/flywheel should be replacing it???

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't really want to go into it at the moment Lisa/Luke until I am in full possession of the facts. Thanks for your understanding.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
HI DURZEL

A R34 clutch in R33? DONT GO TAKE MY WORD FOR IT BEEN THERE

A R32 CLUTCH WILL FIT BUT IT IS A PUSH TYPE AND R33 AND R34 ARE
PULL TYPE.

HKS DO A PUSH KIT FOR THE R33 BUT BY THE TIME YOU PAY FOR IT
YOU WOULD BE BETTER GOING FOR A NEW R33 CLUTCH

HOPE THIS HELPS

KEITH

·
Registered
720 Posts
The R32 clutch is also 10mm smaller then the R33 / R34 items. You can get over the pull to push conversion simply by drilling out the bell housing casing and mounting the slave clyinder the opposite side (the wholes are marked in the cast but not drilled through), and of course using the R32 realise arm and thrust brearing clip. Lot of hassle for nothing really.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks all for the comments and suggestions (keith - Charlie was kind enough to email me and said the same thing).

I think this issue has been resolved now, I have been in contact with a number of parties who have been most helpful in answering my queries. :)

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Durzel,

Sorry if this is too late or not of interest but I've had an AP Racing clutch in now for nearly 2 years and it's great. Reasonably priced, <£400 and has never slipped once, it's smooth, almost as light as the stock clutch and has coped with numerous track days and around 500bhp/360lb. May be worth considering....

Peter.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ooh tell me more... :)

Is that price for the whole clutch kit including flywheel? Whereabouts did you source yours from? Any website I can have a look at? :)

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
No, sorry, that's just for the clutch. Part No. is CP2000-21 and it doesn't come with a release bearing. Just had a look in the DT catalogue and it's listed at £421+vat, there's inflation for you. Release bearing is about £30 I think so it's around the £500 mark. Circuit Supplies would get you one 01525 385888 although I was going to approach them next week to see if they'd be interested in offering us a 'club' discount on Ferodo pads, etc. Need to speak to Cem first though.

www.apracing.com

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
AP

I had an AP clutch it my impreza - it was excellent! Very usable and handled enough power... Shop around as I found that once I started discussions prices dropped!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts