GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My mate has just bought an R34. We have had a little fiddle around with the computer but as the text is in Japanese we were not sure what we where doing. Is there an instruction manual on the internet that I could get hold of?

It seems like you can set the upper limits for the different bits of info but did not want to get too involved as we were not sure if we could break anything. Can anyone give me any info and the base levels for these settings?

Also, It's running 1 bar of boost. Does this mean that it has an upgraded ECU on it or can you run this boost with the standard ecu?

Cheers
Nick.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Nick,

I suggest you avoid playing with the ECU. Unless you know what you're doing you can do quite a bit of damage. As it's an R34 I suggest you talk to whoever imported it or find a reputable garage near you/your friend.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not the ECU that we are playing with it is the In dash computer. Can you adjust the parameters of the ECU with this computer? If you can thats scary!!

Cheers
Nick.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Nick,

Don't know on that one. I would sincerely hope not, otherwise there would be a lot of damaged vehicels out there. Try contacting Abbey Motorsport as a first port of call, they're not far from you.

John

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Abbeys

yeah they got me a translated copy for my 34 so it was a lot easier to understand/get around.

glen

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello Tokyo
Could I by any chance get a copy of that from you?

Cheers for your reply fuggles.

Nick.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Doh

yeah didn't think of that :D .

Can try and scan it for you but it isn't the best of copies. Whadda ya reckon.

glen

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Tokyo,

Cheers. You could try that although that would take a bit of your time. What about fax? I can give you a fax number. Any how you could get me a copy would be great.

Cheers
Nick.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Nick,

The boost level of my R34 GTR can get up to 1.0 bar on a cold morning or night, my car is completely stock.

On a warm day, the max boost can be as low as .89 bar.

The factory spec say max boost is .93 bar.

Just my input.

Jeff

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
NutNut....don't worry mate....the MFD has no effect on the ECU!! Its just there to be played with! The red line settings you are reffering to is really up to you at what level you adjust it....

As for the Japanese .... there is very little of it. If you hit "disp" you can adjust the brigtness level, set the back light dimmer on and off(so it dims when the headlights are on) and turn the whole display on or off.

Hope this helps,

Dino

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Just use trial and error to work out the MFD settings. Worked for me and, as DCD mentioned, you can't screw anything up through the MFD settings.

Cya O!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts