GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

The digital display that sits on the dashboard of the R34, is it in Japanese? Are the UK cars in Japanese also?
Is there anyone that converts the language or is it fed from the ECU?

Many thanks,

Cem

·
Registered
82 Posts
MFD

Hiya,

I have a UK spec R34 and most text is in Japanese, the system is mainly graphical so it makes little difference. The only issue is changing the brightness etc. This is easily solved with trial and error.

/Dan

·
Registered
264 Posts
Bizarre, I have a UK spec R34 and most of the text is in English (except for the DISPLAY button menu), which only really has 2 functions (brightness + on/off) which you soon memorise.

I can't comment on Jap Skylines.

Speaking of which.. I posted this before, but no-one answered:

On Jap Skylines they have TV + SatNav connections (or may have them fitted).. but the UK cars don't..

I want to know how to hook a NTSC Sat Nav into my UK car.. using the central LCD like the Jap cars do

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
MFD

We have had a discussion on this on a previous thread and the result was 'dont know' :confused:. Until someone with the knowledge actually tries to run an NTSC signal through it we'll have to wait and see.

glen

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
The UK cars have the same on screen display as the Japanese cars. The only japanese characters you will see are for brightness etc. and the diagnostic set ups

As for hooking up a NTSC sat nav to the MFD....Aftermarket ones always use a secondary screen, but if it was purchased from Nissan it would use the MFD. In this case the satnac/tv control module takes the place of the aircon(whic moves down)...I believe Guy has this fitted to his car, so he is probably the best person to contact for more questions

·
Registered
10 Posts
thanks dino hope to see them soon.
do u know if the new zz2 will be at the next osaka auto messe??

ICEGTR.

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
I haven't heard much on the Tommy kaira ZZ II of late. Last thing I read was that it was supposed to be on display at this weeks frankfurt Motor Show. If not the most logical next thing would be the Tokyo Motor Show on the 27th of October. Lets hope!! The wait has been going on far too long!!:rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts