GTR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I think I may have a buggered clutch but I am wary of being a hypochondriac about it!

Last week I did 1 of only a handful of 7k launches on a 99 R34 GTr with 80k km's, std turbo's, Power Fc, and poncams:squintdan . This combo makes 550Nm and 250rwkw when tuned.

After the launch I returned to the office with a stinky clutch, it was still stinky 5 hours later after a 45min drive home in traffic, yet didnt feel any different to drive. On the weekend I took it out and found that on a hill in 3rd with foot down I saw the front torque swing up to 20 on the gauge. Oops I buggered clutch I thought :mad: .

But by monday after leaving the car for 2 days, I couldnt repeat it, and the worst I could do up a hill in high gears was get the torque split to read 2.9.

So have I really stuffed my clutch or did I perhaps have some oil on the friction material that has now burnt off?

What do others see on the MFD torque monitor when driving vigorously (vs clutch dumps)?

Cheers & thanks
Terrey

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Dont worry about it....You may have experienced a slight slipage due to weather conditions therfore triggering the torque split...You will never really find the torque split acting 100% the same way on a certain stretch of road they way it did lets say a week ago...There are just too many variables involved. With regards to your clutch im sure its ok....Is it std by the way because if it is then im sure you will need to replace it soon.

Regards

Gerry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts