GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there guys its me again from one very hot african continent.
I have just finished assembling and installing my motor.
Had a problem where i had a misfire and couldnt find the problem, swapped the coil packs out, swapped the spart plugs only to find it was a loose ground wire on the coil pack plug connector from the wiring loom.
After fixing that the car runs so smoothly.
Now a question, at idle and at about 1500 rpm can any one confirm that there is a slight vibration through the chassis of the car as if something was off balance then after 2000 rpm it goes away and the car runs ok and smooth.
can any one shed any light i had my flyhweel balanced with the pessure plate.
i have a three paddle exedy clutch and its pretty easy to drive.
After having installed the engine i have not installed my greddy cams.
264 intake and exhaust will make the car idle really badly.
please help guys i would appreciate if all the r34 owners can confirm about this weird symptom.

Many thanks
Adam

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
i had a starndard clutch on wedensday now upgraded , the clutch relise baring always makes noise tho but no vibration at 1500 rpm or idle its dead quiet

·
Banned
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tried putting my clutch pedal in didnt help

Maybe im over analyzing things, at idle the car shakes slightly through the body, i have also tried a friends standard clutch on a GTR34 and it also has a slight vibration at 1500 rpm, when you accel the vibration comes in at 1500 but goes away after 2000 rpm same for when the revs fall in the reverse order no vibration at 2000 but at 1500 a slight vibration felt through the body of the car.
i did notice my engine mounting was loose and this attributed to this vibration but i have since fastened it and it seems to be better.
please can you try and check for me i would greatly appreciate it .
Kind regards
Adam Saiyad

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
I find most GTR's do this and it's fairly noticeable through the steering wheel. I have had three GTR engine properly dynamically balanced when I built them and it helped a lot, but never actually eradicated it. I myself feel it's an NVH issue arising from the need for stiff engine and gearbox mounts to handle the drive torque reaction through the engine as it carries the front diff in the sump.

·
Banned
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thankyou very much chris,
Your response has been very helpfull and i had a feeling this was the case stiff engine mounts can attenuate this problem and only at lower revs, apart from that im still running in the engine and at 2, 3 , 4000 rpm there is now vibration from the engine so i feel its definitly engine mounts.
Any one else would like to comment please feel free.
Many thanks again.
Adam

1 - 8 of 8 Posts