GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have to Ask all R34 Owners a Question, after owning my R34 for just over two weeks i have noticed a engine noise when the turbo timer switches off the engine, not only my car but also a friend who also got his
R34 it seems to be like a main end bearing knock but its more like a clack clack clack that slows down as the engine dies down and the momentum slows down inside ? is this normal for R34 Rb26 engines please R34 owners help experiment and let me know if you get this as wel i feel its normal but will only know once you guys have tested or noticed the same noise just after a switch off as the crank shaft slows down spinning ?

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
It could be the clutch

Next time switch off the car with the clutch pedal pressed.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Might be the clutch, try turning it off with clutch pedal depressed, i know the twin plate Nismo clutch in my R32 rattles like buggery.

·
Registered
552 Posts
If you are running a standard clutch, they have a dual mass fly wheel, when these get dirty they dont always return to their low rev position when they should, so when you stop the car they pop back in to place. Its the same fly wheel that is fitted to BMW M5 E39, they suffer same problem.

·
Banned
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Certainly Many thanks to the wisest Elders

Thanks very much for you positive information and quick response, you are the best guys.
Confirmed that noise is the weights on the fly Wheel ? What are they used for and why dont they sit back nicely when they are dirty when i depress my clutch if the engine is idiling at a very low speed the noise seems to be there say at 700 Rpms but increase the engine Revs and instantly the noise is gone so hence definitly the clutch ? Please try explain what the weights are for so i could tell me friend what they are ?
Many thanks guys once again!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts