GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello GTR tech-gurus,

As I am planning a engine swap in my R32-GTR I need some useful information on the front transmission gear ratios.
Q#1: Does the front final drive (integrated with oil-pan) for the R34 have the identical gear ratio as the standard R32, or do I have to replace the parts to get a proper function of the traction control system? Ideas anyone?

Q#2: Are the turbochargers interchangeable (will R34:s fit on R32 without mod:s of exhaust manifold, etc.) ?

Cheers
Lars Borbos
Sweden
:)

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Hej Bobban,

The only reference I can find on this site to the front dif is a quote about using a beefier one on the R34, so if space is an issue then it is probably not going to fit.

I have never even looked at this point on either of the cars mentioned.

The other worry is the final drive ratios are different so there could be a difference there.

I suppose the most unscientific method would be to try the front dif for fit.

As for the turbos, Dunno, I know some people have 34 turbos on 33's without too much grief, does anyone know if the 33 turbos ft a 32 ? if so I'd say you were on a winner.

Hope this helps.

Steve

·
Registered
167 Posts
Have a Look at Tuning Gerneral

Under Filter Survey Nigel says he has got new R34 turbo's on his R32 GTR. He might Know..

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks guys, for your help and tips.
PS.
I found that the R32 final drive ratio is 4.111 (looking in a GTR Workshop manual) and that the R34 ratio is 3.545 (as from Middlehurst Motors web site).. So I will probably have to fit the original oil-pan/diff not to "upset" the torque transfer system.
//Cheers
Lars B.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts