GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Yep I'm looking for a cheap one too

Gotta say it was damn frustrating Sunday due to the fact that I was so overgeared with the 33 5-speed box that I had in me car. I really missed me 6-speeder I can tell ya. I couldn't even get out of 4th on the Top Speed Run :D .

glen

·
Registered
466 Posts
gearbox

Sorry to hear that dd.

hope all is well for saturday

d

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes

Ran my broken box yesterday, still not fixed although plans to fix it are under way care of the Touring car team, they are making the bits from scratch for me in the R&D part of Honda.

Box is even more broken now, bad change into second as well as fourth, but I am still driving it, just have to be careful and considerate:(

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ALL THE TIME!

CHEEKY, THATS MY NATURE, KIND CARING SENSITIVE PERSON WITH THE UPMOST RESPECT FOR MY CAR, NOT ONCE HAVE I GONE - SMASH INTO FIRST, SMASH INTO SECOND, SMASH INTO THIRD, SMASH INTO FOURTH, SMASH INTO FIFTH, SMASH INTO SIXTH - OK MAYBE JUST A FEW TIMES, HEHE.;)

LASTED WELL THOUGH CONSIDERING.:)

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Dirk

Yours lasted a damn sight longer than mine :p .

What your doing right is crashing it up the box but, you gotta crash it DOWN the box as well to show it who's boss :D .

Like a good woman, it'll love you even more for all the abusement ;) .

glen

·
Registered
177 Posts
sorry to bother you:) quick question, will the six speed box from the R34 fit into the R33?

if so........ I want one tooooooo :D

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
quick answer

It won't fit into earlier models without a considerable amount of work. You would need at least different (read R34) diff ratio's and a different main drive shaft. You also might find that the gearstick is not exactly in the same location; the body shape might not fit either.
If you want a 6 speed box, you can get conversion kits (e.g. Quaife/Greddy, straight cut) or a Hollinger sequential box.

Hope that helps.

Andre.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts