GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's one for sale here locally for a little over 2K US dollars. THe seller informed me that the only other part I need to install this into a 33 is a prop shaft. Is that all? I'm not looking to replace every part on my car just for another gear, but as he explained it, it was very straight forward. Anyone have insight on parts other than the prop that I may need? Also will it sync up to the old shifter position inside the car.. Thanks.. Oh first post... my name is Collen. I live in Japan, I have an R33 GTR. Pictures to come, maybe if I get this transmission I can do an install thread.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hi & Welcome Collen,

there's some info here in these threads...

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/127575-my-r32-gtr-track-drag-shed.html
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/111949-r34gtr-gearbox.html

Basicly you will need...

R34 GTR front prop
R34 GTR front section of the rear prop
R34 Gear box cross member (or mod your R33 item with a couple extra holes)
Getrag Gear Stick
R34 Clutch (std with dual mass flywheel or aftermarket R34 clutch with attached clutch pack flywheel)

I run a Getrag box in my R33 GTR & personaly i think its awesome..

Si...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have that tranny in mi car, gtr r33 and you know is very good and you feel the car more comfort and strong, you need to change the front diffs and rear diffs for to put this tranny into gtr r33, but remenber something don;t forget to put a good clucth i have a triple plate Ogura Racing with light flywheell, and i am sale mi tranny FS5 and mi front diffs and rear diffs of mi gtr r33....for to put this Getrag tranny in mi car i was to do that :

R34 FRONT DIFFS
R34 REAR DIFFS
R34 CLUCTH I PUT A OGURA RACING TRIPLE PUSH TYPE
R34 GETRAG TRANNY

AND MUCH PATIENCE, AND WORK WITH TAKES ALL THAT CHANGE, BUT IT IS WORTH THE PAIN.

·
Registered
315 Posts
we just put an R34 getrag to our r33 demo car. As said above you will need the mentioned stuff. but the driving and the actual gearing woow cannot be described. Let me know if you need any pics or something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.