GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys
had the car on a lift for a general check-up, noticed that there is a slight play in the HICAS system, both sides.
triple checked the outer joints but the play seems to be within the steering box. is a slight play there normal or is it possible/necessary to make adjustments or can the box be shot?!
did some searching and never came across a failed box, most of the time the outer joints are worn out.
any input greatly appreciated
thanks
peter

·
Registered
106 Posts
if you don't mind me asking after how long or how many miles did this occur curious as I know a lot of R33s suffer the rear end wobble and they are high in mileage and long in the tooth and this never ever gets a good looking into and could save a few lives

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you don't mind me asking after how long or how many miles did this occur curious as I know a lot of R33s suffer the rear end wobble and they are high in mileage and long in the tooth and this never ever gets a good looking into and could save a few lives
car has about 75000km, i personally had it for about 2.5 years and never driven it hard. i have no idea about its past.
the play was minimal (i didn't notice it while driving, car tracked fine and no noises at all) and seemed to come from the inner tie rod ends, so the new owner (i sold the car, it was at the pre-sale check that we stumbled across the problem) is going to replace the tie rods. i will keep you posted if that corrected the problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had an 176.000 kms r33 for 6/7 years and on a few forums and the main problems with the hicas were people messing with the angle sensor (changing steering wheels) , speedo conversion chips which mess with the speed input signal other than that its just tierods or balljoints

1 - 5 of 5 Posts