GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a fairly stock R34 GT-R V-Spec 2, The car starts first flick of the key from cold,but as soon as it has warmed up it takes several turns to fire? Sometimes it turns over for 5 seconds or so then fires,other times it has to be turned over for around 10 seconds 3 or 4 times before it fires? Once it starts it runs fine...Anyone had this problem?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Try to check the watertemp sensor.
Also check fuelpressure during starting when cold / hot.

One easy thing to do is just do disconnect the lambdasensors.

Asim

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm not talking about a compression test.

A compression test tells you if your engine is broken or not... a leakdown tells you how healthy it is.

Look up how to do a leakdown and give it a go (keep in mind no "liquids" are actually involved in a leak down ;)).

Post up results.

A tight "race" engine should be anywhere from 5-7%, and average motor in good shape under 15% and anything over 25% is bad news. I wouldn't want an RB over 15% at any time, and under %10 I would consider good for this engine.

·
Registered
525 Posts
does your car have a immobilizer? if so check its not that i had the same problemwith my golf GTI and it was the stupid immobilizer that keep cutting the car off

·
Registered
3 Posts
Please check the Cam Angle Sensor. It could have been faulty. I had the same issue. everytime the car is warm and unable to start.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I seem to have the same issue, but not as bad.

If I go to start when hot after sitting maybe 1 hour, I have to crank 3 or 4 times to get the motor to light. When it does start, I get black(rich) smoke out the exhaust until it runs maybe 5 seconds and then everything is OK.

If it's cold, no problem. Starts up first crank. My tune has O2 input disabled, if that helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts