GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Im new to this forum, but ive just been reading around and i understand that some of you live in or visit Japan regularly, so i just wanted to ask a few questions.

1. Roughly how much are R34 GT-Rs going for in Japan? (either V-Spec or V-Spec II models)

2. How much does it cost to get them personally imported to Australia? incl. shipping, compliance etc.
Any rough estimates would be great.

The reason im asking is because i will be going to Japan early next year and im very interesting in upgrading to an R34 GT-R. I currently own an R34 GT-T.

Any information or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Normal GT-R shud be about 3 to 4 million yen?
V-spec or V-spec 2 is anywhere from 4 to 6 million i suppose? It depends on the condition of the car...

Btw, although its off-topic, I would like to ask if a 100,000 kms gt-r vspec is worth the buy??? it's in my budget as i'm looking for 1 too...

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
What year is your GT-T? Was it already inside Oz when you found it? It would surprise me if you were actually allowed to import a GTR 34 even if you came up with the 4-5 mill JPY to buy it. Anything under 15 yrs old has been made close to impossible to import, even reduced to 100% factory spec. I have also heard stories of people buying at the docks and then discovering they have been completely unable to register the car. Shafted....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What year is your GT-T? Was it already inside Oz when you found it? It would surprise me if you were actually allowed to import a GTR 34 even if you came up with the 4-5 mill JPY to buy it. Anything under 15 yrs old has been made close to impossible to import, even reduced to 100% factory spec. I have also heard stories of people buying at the docks and then discovering they have been completely unable to register the car. Shafted....
Its a 98 model gt-t and i did buy it in Australia. Sorry i dont know much about importing but does the 15 year old rule mean that you cannot import a car under 15 years old from Japan? And are you sure that this is the case?

·
Registered
456 Posts
I think it's possible to import as long as the model wasn't sold new in Australia.

Take the Silvia S15 for example.
Only the -99 and -00 S15s are possible to import. Nissan Australia started to sell the S15 in -01 to -02 and that makes the -01 and -02 modell impossible to import from another country.

I think.. You might want to get a second opinion with that info :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it's possible to import as long as the model wasn't sold new in Australia.

Take the Silvia S15 for example.
Only the -99 and -00 S15s are possible to import. Nissan Australia started to sell the S15 in -01 to -02 and that makes the -01 and -02 modell impossible to import from another country.

I think.. You might want to get a second opinion with that info :)
Any thoughts on this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts