1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Link dont work

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
The title of the website must have some banned words in it so when he posted it the forum replaced the banned words with *'s

That's why it won't work.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry guys its on the new skyline forum that we are not allowed to talk about on here for some reason.

The link should take you to a guy that is selling awesome dashes for skylines

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Well it doesn't work, but even if it did, you shouldn't be posting stuff on here unless the guys paid for a banner ad should you ??

It's essentially advertising for him..........that's against the rules.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
And I quote "The link should take you to a guy that is selling awesome dashes for skylines"

Now I didn't get an A in english, but I'm pretty sure you'll find the 2 highlighted words are plurals, meaning more than one, which means private or business sale, if there's more than one, then I think he'll get in trouble for posting it.

I'm not the police here, just trying to stop the guy from getting the hard word from the forum fuzz.........I've seen others get the hard word for the same thing.....

·
Registered
587 Posts
And I quote "The link should take you to a guy that is selling awesome dashes for skylines"

Now I didn't get an A in english, but I'm pretty sure you'll find the 2 highlighted words are plurals, meaning more than one, which means private or business sale, if there's more than one, then I think he'll get in trouble for posting it.

I'm not the police here, just trying to stop the guy from getting the hard word from the forum fuzz.........I've seen others get the hard word for the same thing.....
pmsl so what if he has 4 wheels for sale :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: i guess hese a multinational super chain ... stop ur :flame: :flame: , crumbs hes only trying to help us ffs

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Weather the post can be here or not is inconsequential!!!

Fact of the matter is that is that for all 34 GTR owners with a speedo converter or KPH clocks this is a must have. End of story. And I can't even begin to think how much work it must have been to figure this out. RECOMMENDED.

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
am i missing something? what is it exactly?

I already have a 11,000rpm 200mph/320kph proper speedo for sometime now in my r34 gtr, do a search on here.
You are missing the fact that the one posted above in the link doesn't screw your HICAS up.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Streuth ! For your information only !!
I have hopefully deleted all content which may cause offence ?

.Author Hugh Keir

This is a great upgrade for the R34 Nissan Skyline GTR.

I will modify the unit fitted to your car to accept the white 11,000 RPM and 200 MPH faces as above.

As part of the conversion, I will modify the instrument cluster to increment the odometer in miles rather than kilometres this will allow the KPH to MPH converter to be removed from your car allowing the SUPER HICAS rear wheel steering to function as Nissan intended.

If, like most R34's in the UK, you have a speed converter fitted to your car your insurance may, in the event of you having an accident, walk away from your claim since you have interfered with the operation of the rear wheel steering on your car, this upgrade will make your car legal.

This upgrade will significantly improve the handling performance of your car by allowing the HICAS to operate correctly.

HICAS stands for High Capacity Actively Controlled Steering and is one of the main systems behind the Nissan Skyline’s legendary handling.

It is important to understand that the operation of the HICAS rear wheel steering on your GTR is speed dependent which means that, when a KPH to MPH converter is added, the control system is receiving incorrect speed information and will adversely affect the way

Schematic removed re nissan copywright.:chuckle:

This schematic prepared by Nissan, shows the original HICAS. It has three modes, at low speeds the HICAS is inactive, at medium speeds the HICAS steers the rear wheels outwards. At high speed the rear wheels are steered into the corner.

The R34 GTR is fitted with latest version called SUPER HICAS which adds to the above to create an active system with full yaw rate feedback control.

The SUPER HICAS control system calculates the driver's intentions by monitoring wheel speed changes and steering angle. At the same time, the vehicle's actual yaw motion ( rotation about the centre of the vehicle) is detected by the Skyline's yaw rate G-Sensors and fed back to the SUPER HICAS control system for comparison with pre-programmed target values. The ECU then outputs a command signal to the actuator to adjust the rear-wheel steer angle to provide the legendary handling capability that has won such a great following, for Skylines, over the years.

Can also be re-calibrated for other diff ratios.

I hope this info is both interesting and allowable.
cheers cokey

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Well, if Hugh did it then it will be worth having :thumbsup:

I don't think my car needs it though as mine doesn't have a converter, just had an mph scale applied to the Nismo dials so everything is really still operating in kmh internally.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
My apologies to Hugh for the edits.
They detracted a certain quality from an informative post !
I left the authors name in as a mark of respect !
Its sad to see the responses the initial post generated. :confused: :(
Most likely the reason why he Chose not to post it here in the first place !
cokey

1 - 20 of 44 Posts