GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I had both of the left wheels taken off. Thats because the tyres were fitted on with the direction wrong. The tyres were taken out of the rims and fitted back onto the same rims with the correct direction. Tyres were fitted back onto the car. Same rim on the same spot with the same tyre but this time on with correct direction. I carefully watched the whole thing.

All good, drove off from tyre shop.

After 1km of driving noticed the 4WD orange light turn on in the dash. The local GTR workshop was close by so took it in. When the workshop guy came to check it with the consult, the car had been sitting off for about 20mins. Car was turned on, NO 4WD light. He checked and said some pressure swicth had triggered the fault but its not there now. He erased it. Done.

Drove off, another 3km later the light has reappeared. Home was 400m down the road. Drove it home and parked it. Haven't gone back to check if the light is still there when I turn it on again.

The car was jacked from the front jacking point. Car was not moved during the tyre change, not started and nothing else done except the rims being removed and refitted.

Can someone shed some light on this? What could have gone wrong? Can I do something to fix this? This is giving me a headache.

3,666 Posts
But it would of shown a fault up for a ABS sensor if it was damaged.

The pressure switch fault is normally a low pressure problem , maybe just needs bleeding.

1 more thing have you checked the fluid for the 4wd system in the drivers side boot trim, just an idea.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
from your previous thread about fitting the fuel pump...

i disconnected and removed all 3 units to inspect my fuel pump and everything was working fine after i reconnected all 3 units and the battery.
better get back in the boot and check everything again. It might be it's nothing to do with the wheels but just showed up...

·
Registered
664 Posts
i had a similar problem when i reconnected all 3 units, however when contacted tweeni he suggested i needed to make sure the car was on leveled ground, dont know why but it worked.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
from your previous thread about fitting the fuel pump...

better get back in the boot and check everything again. It might be it's nothing to do with the wheels but just showed up...

Yep, but the thing is I had not touched anything in that area as yet to do my fuel pump. I had not attempted to disconnect anything or remove anything. The fuel pump had not arrived so was of no use to try before it arrived.

None the less, since it was all open and people had told me that nothing would happen if I disconnect/reconnect those plugs, yesterday I parked the car level plus straight and disconnnected the 3 plugs. Waited for 20mins and reconnected them all. Took the car out for a short drive but did my best to range the way I drove it, slow drive, then short blasts, long hauls.

In short, the light has not appeared yet and my headache has subsided quite a bit. :clap: Finger crossed it does not re-appear.

Thanks for everyone's input.:thumbsup: Will update if it does re-appear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts