GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i am thinking of buying some Ultra Racing anti roll bars for my R34 GTR.
The ad says that is for the R34 and R33 Gt.
Will the R33/R34 Gtt sway bars fit my R34 GTR?

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Whitelines are more common, if more and more people are switching over to them, they must be good. Whitelines have been used on the Skylines for years now with a good reputation, stick to whats been proven and works.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
I'dd go for the Ultra racing ones, never heard anything bad about them yet. And they are much cheaper then the Whitheline ones.
E-mail this guy; Neil McDonald ([email protected]) and say freakazoid3 send you and you'll get a very fair quote ;)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'dd go for the Ultra racing ones, never heard anything bad about them yet. And they are much cheaper then the Whitheline ones.
E-mail this guy; Neil McDonald ([email protected]) and say freakazoid3 send you and you'll get a very fair quote ;)
problem is mate that ultra racing does not say clearly if they make bars fot the r34 gtr. they do say they nake for the gtt. that was my question first place.
Who is this guy you gave me his email? does he have a shop? i own an s15 silvia also and i would really like to try this ultra racing bars.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Its possible that they could be the same, but I would have thought that they would be thicker in diameter for the GTR....

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Yes he own a shop that sells the ultra racing products. I don't know whether or not the R34 gtt bars fit the gtr...
Maybe some off the traders on here know if the thickness on both swaybars is the same.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ultra racing has two thickness for the rear, 23mm and 25mm. for the front only 25mm.
I am already talking with neal, he is in a car show this weekend. He does not know either if they fit. He contacted the factory allready but they did not give him a clear answer.

·
Vendor
12,591 Posts
Whats wrong with the NISMO ones?

·
Vendor
12,591 Posts
Really? What about all that NISSAN data collected over years of extensive research that they can apply to manufacturing the exact thickness and strenth to perfectly suit the vehicle? Personally I wouldnt use any other ARB's on my own cars.

Reactions: GTRNICK

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so you are saying only nismo can make decent arbs for the skyline?
I do not doubt that nismo is one of the biggest companies in nissan tuning but i do not think is right to underestimate smaller companies.
also in my opinion most of the nismo parts are overpriced. you can have pretty much the same part with much lower price from any other company.

·
Registered
231 Posts
the whiteline bars are solid bars where the majority of jap ones are hollow.
the whitelines come with blade adjustments.

stiffer with adjustment make the whitelines a better swaybar

·
Super Moderator
15,731 Posts
Just bumping this guys as have decided need new set of arbs for my refurb of my R34. I can see Nismo (non-adjustable?), whiteline and cusco options. Plus ultra racing, but I haven't heard of those....

What have people fitted and any favourites?

·
Registered
25,664 Posts
Quite a few options out there

Arc make them too

Advise on nismo

Just about to send set out for a Gtroc customer with a 34 Toni

·
Super Moderator
15,731 Posts
Nismo aren't adjustable though are they?

·
Registered
594 Posts
I have installed Cusco, non-adjustable type, swaybars on my 34 and am quite impressed with the improved handling. I had bought the Whiteline adjustable, front one, at the same but soon after got a good deal on both Cusco ones. I hadn't installed the Whiteline one and was able to compare it to Cusco.

Whiteline (solid steel) is considerably heavier than Cusco (hollow steel).

Cusco is definitely of high quality. Whiteline seems quite good too but still a bit rough on the edges. I wouldn't mind this as it sits under the car for its life.

I run my adjustables on almost softest setting for everyday road driving and the car handles very well even during spirited driving on the twisties. I give full credit to the Cusco swaybars for this.

·
Super Moderator
15,731 Posts
Yes I use Whiteline adjustables on my racing MR2 roadster, and it's amazing the difference they give you in turn in. But they are very heavy...result of being solid I guess. Still scratching my head, I don't intend to track the R34 much in the future, so it's a question of do I need adjustability.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Yes I use Whiteline adjustables on my racing MR2 roadster, and it's amazing the difference they give you in turn in. But they are very heavy...result of being solid I guess. Still scratching my head, I don't intend to track the R34 much in the future, so it's a question of do I need adjustability.
Old thread
But what did go for in the end Toni?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts