GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The paintwork on pops pride and joy had suffered at the hands of his somewhat rural location being exposed to the elements. In fact, the oxidation was so bad the one of the panels actuallly couldn't be cut back and had to be resprayed. Anyway, it's been with clean image in essex for a while and Mark spent about 4 days with all manner of clay bars, buffers and lord knows what else to get the paint back to pretty much new. No swirl marks, no fine scratches...in the sun you can clearly see the metallic finish ..it looks stunning.
The wheels were slightly kerbed as well so all four of those have been completely resprayed...couldn't get the paint code so it's slightly lighter but looks absolutely fine to me.
Just got it back this afternoon and on route to mates garage to store it we stopped at Hanningfield reservoir to take some photos. Tash had her proper camera case to take some proper photos but I snapped some with the Ixus. Pictures really don't do the quality of work justice...it's expensive work (i.e 4 days labour) but the results are definately worth it.
The intercooler lets it down a bit now so will pursue getting the front bumper off and getting the original mesh back on.
I think pops is going to be more than pleased. I will just have to threaten him with complete confiscation if he doesn't put a cover on it when not in use....

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
DUDE!!!

thats a wicked car you have there:)

·
6,821 Posts
Wow just looks amazing:bowdown1:
The paint jobs are not visible . . . by the way watch out that the ducks not dent that nice black body . . . .:chuckle: (nice location-british-cliche):bowdown1:

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Looks absolutely awesome!!!

Words cannot describe this car IMO!!!

I feel the wheel colour has gone towards more of a gold now rather than the bronze, but still looks very sweet.

I cannot believe how good the paintwork looks. And like you say, pics will never convey what you see in real life. I know how hard it is to keep a black car looking tops.

Top effort there mate-well done.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah..r33 v-spec...that is a seriously nice car you have. I did forward the photos of yours to dad suggesting that, with those wheels, it looks even more rude than his. In fact, those wheels are just about perfect. The only other car I think is as nice (looks wise) is one that got briefly posted up that was MP3 and has some deep dish gold/chrome rims. Only seen it once...think the thread was something about some idiot claiming he owned it or was selling it..can't find the pics now but is my fave R34.

The reason I took the photos is because it's black, I don't anticipate it staying in such a state of mintness once it's being used regularly..unless pops gets round to having someone come round and valet it every few weeks (which he should...). It was so clean that even after it had been dusted off when I turned up you could just see all the dust making a beeline for it. Still...it's a car at the end of the day and unless you keep it cacooned in an operating theater it'sa going to get dirty...

As for them pesky geese things...they seemed to mistake tash's camera flight case thing for a bread dispenser. They hung round for a bit and then p*ssed off the moment someone else a few hundred meters away started dishing out the bread

Sent the pics to pops...his quote 'It's the coyote's cojones-absolutely superb.Certainly looks better than the day I first saw it and that is saying something!'

Cheers for the comments!

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
turboslippers.....trying to think of what car your on about, but can't seem to grasp the car(???). Only a handful of MP3 cars on here anyway...

Looks awesome man, it just shows i need to get my a55 in gear, and get mine done!!! Still love those TE37's. I'm getting bored of my CE's!!

·
Registered
25,960 Posts
looks nice

you should have poped in, my dad runs that place ;)

they often have alot of very special jap cars down by the waterfront taking photos, i believe there was a very special NSX there last week

suprised you managed to get the GT-R down there, i dont drive mine down them roads :p

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow..... Just wow !!!! I had to finally sign up to the forum and post.

Your car is one of the finest skylines i have seen. Looks sooo sleek and sexy, with just a few tasteful mods. But i have to ask, is the kit standard, and has your car just been lowered over the TE37 rims ?

Also wondering, what sort of engineering consultant you are, as im a 4th year (MEng) studying 'Mechanical Design, Materials, and Manufacturing' at The University of Nottingham atm and am interested in consulting. Can i have a job ???? :chuckle:

O and i forgot to say.... Hi everyone :clap:

·
Registered
25,960 Posts
students eh? lol

those were the days....give him a job so he can start paying back some of our wages they get in "handouts" :p

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hahaha. i work very very hard uni, but play even harder :D

I originally thought of shooting for a nice job after uni, saving up some cash and trying to get an R33 GTR for ~£10, but after seeing this thread ive fallen head-over-heals in love with my dream car (R34) again. turboslippers car is perfection, just like many of the women strolling around uni :clap:

Now i regret doing engineering and wish i'd done law, with a nice training contract in london starting at £38K. lol. i wish. Engineering is all good if find the right job :thumbsup:

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hahaha. i work very very hard uni, but play even harder :D

I originally thought of shooting for a nice job after uni, saving up some cash and trying to get an R33 GTR for ~£10, but after seeing this thread ive fallen head-over-heals in love with my dream car (R34) again. turboslippers car is perfection, just like many of the women strolling around uni :clap:

Now i regret doing engineering and wish i'd done law, with a nice training contract in london starting at £38K. lol. i wish. Engineering is all good if find the right job :thumbsup:
Oh dear -Ad- you are more clueless than I was at uni :)

the 34 looks really nice btw, the finish on the apintwork is fantastic

Sev

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Matty, eh? Your dad runs hanningfield reservoir? Was very quiet down there...Tash thought of it to be honest...would never have thought people take cars down there for a photoshoot. The road down there isn't too bad although, yeah, I did take it quite slowly....

-Ad-, you obviously didn't read the post, I have a R32 GTR, that R34 is the old man's which I generally maintain for him. Contract engineering work can be good but not that good in my case! London, for all the rail companies is where all the money is at the moment. Massive investment for 2012 olympics...will only get busier as the deadlines approach.

R33 v-spec, the car I'm on about is not a GTROC or british car, think it's a japanese tuner car. I've been trying to find the pictures of it as it looked incredible. I'll have another go!

Typical isn't it...Tash's photo's didn't come out brilliantly because of the light and today, when the car is tucked up in a garage and tash has gone out, it's lovely and sunny...typical!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts