GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if any knows how the brake assist works on a r34 gtr. Clearly it is a basic vacuum assist I realise that but I don't firstly understand how it handles boost and there also doesn't seem to be any one way valves anywhere.

There is also a secondary thing that is piped in series with the vacuum pipe coming from the engine and the brake servo, so this would be a vacuum generator maybe?

Any ideas anyone, I seem to be losing brake assist occasionally so I need to understand what is going on. Maybe there is a limit of how much boost you can run with the standard setup?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, it doesn't seem to be. That is where is would expect it to be, I'll take a closer look.
But if there was a one way valve in the hose coming from the engine then wouldn't that mean that the servo only harvest vacuum while the engine is off boost?

3,666 Posts
it can only harvest a vacuum while there is vacuum. If you hold the car on boost and pump the brake your use the stored vacuum up.

Squeeze the servo pipe your find the one way valve then.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice mark, I'll see if I can locate the valve. Maybe the valve has given up and is unable to hold off the boost pressure.
So do you know what the secondary thing is that is in series with the servo?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts