GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

So i have 34gtr tomei cams in my cylinder head - its an R32gtr build btw..

I need to fit my 34gtr CAS - but i've found threads on here saying the wires need swapping over.

however i've just took a look at these two threads...

here's the info for 34gtr...
R34 GTR ecu pinout diagram

and 32gtr...
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/142079-r32-gtr-ecu-pinout-diagram.html

both sets of information for the RB26DETT read as follows:

41 G/B CAS 120 degree signal
42 G/Y CAS 1 degree signal

51 G/B CAS 120 degree signal
52 G/Y CAS 1 degree signal

this appears to be the case for both 32 gtr and 34 gtr ? Can anyone clarify this please? I thought i was supposed to swap the wires around and i'm a little confused as to which ones it really is ?

thanks
ant

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone fitted a 34gtr CAS without issue to a 32gtr ? Do you cut the wires at the plug and resolder or can you swap the pins at the ecu side? Just wondering what is best route to go here?

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Take the pins out of the ECU plug and swap the wires over. There is a knack to removing the pins with a needle. Its easy after the 1st few.

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
I ran my 32 motor with a 34cas . Absolutely no issues. Have also removed and changed ecu pins . Not for the cas swop but when i converted the stagea to run the gtr attessa system wih a gtr ecu
As andy said its easy after the first one .

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've swapped pins at the big blue ecu plug side that doesn't fuss me too much if I can suss out what the four wires are. If they can actually be swapped at the cas plug side that'd be cool :)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Are you running an aftermarket ecu? If so then you can change the map to suite the new sensor. The only difference is that one is a rising edge trigger and the other is a falling edge trigger. The link ecu has a mode switch for it.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are a couple of things I'm trying to do right now..

CAS wiring swap - like i say if someone knows what pins on the ecu plug need swapping I'm laffing. There seems to be two 120degree signal wires which is throwing me.

AFM rewiring - sadly the previous owner cut the plugs off so I'm going thru a fiasco of trying to source plugs that fit my oem afms :(

I will be running link ecu once the engine is run in + 800cc injectors. I would run all that lot now if I could source a basemap for that 800cc setup that doesn't drive like shite and let's me run the engine in with some gusto.

In the meantime I am trying to get the car running with an oem setup so afms but either way still need to sort CAS

Thanks for the responses tho guys if u can help me crack this I have bags of maoams to wing all yous ways :D

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
41 crank position sensor 120 green/black
42 crank position sensor 1 green/yellow
51 crank sensor 120 green/black
52 crank sensor 1 green/yellow

There's four wires related to cas from what I can see.. can someone tell me which swaps with which? From what I can see they are the same?!

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
I ran my 32 motor with a 34cas . Absolutely no issues. Have also removed and changed ecu pins . Not for the cas swop but when i converted the stagea to run the gtr attessa system wih a gtr ecu
As andy said its easy after the first one .
Does the R34 cas suffer from timing scatter at high rpm?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts