GTR Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
There are two obvious signs that your accumulator is stuffed. 1. the relay clicking every few seconds in the boot and 2. Usually when you turn your ignition key to the on position you should here the pump prime then stop. If you don't here the pump prime it is very likely the accumulator has lost its preloaded gas charge.

The Accumulator screws onto the ATTESA pump, in an R32 the pump is on top of the rear diff. I also had the same issue and had to replace it. I bought a complete 2nd hand pump for $150 and removed the accumulator. A word of warning when removing it, if possible grip the flange on the pump side of the accumulator as it can separate in the middle which renders it useless.
It's possible to do the job by taking off your left rear wheel. You will see the accumulator on top of the diff it looks like a small black oil filter. I got mine off with two long extensions and an oil filter removal tool. Make sure you pop the bleed valve first to relieve the pressure in the lines.
Once you've reinstalled it you will then need to bleed the system. Google ATTESA bleeding and you find the correct procedure for bleeding the system

·
Banned
686 Posts
Hello, i didnt know the accumalator sits on top of the rear diff on the gtr32.
Never the less i think im going to get a removal tool made up so i can grab the flats like a oil filter removal tool make it easier .
Will let you guys know how it all goes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
There are two obvious signs that your accumulator is stuffed. 1. the relay clicking every few seconds in the boot and 2. Usually when you turn your ignition key to the on position you should here the pump prime then stop. If you don't here the pump prime it is very likely the accumulator has lost its preloaded gas charge.

The Accumulator screws onto the ATTESA pump, in an R32 the pump is on top of the rear diff. I also had the same issue and had to replace it. I bought a complete 2nd hand pump for $150 and removed the accumulator. A word of warning when removing it, if possible grip the flange on the pump side of the accumulator as it can separate in the middle which renders it useless.
It's possible to do the job by taking off your left rear wheel. You will see the accumulator on top of the diff it looks like a small black oil filter. I got mine off with two long extensions and an oil filter removal tool. Make sure you pop the bleed valve first to relieve the pressure in the lines.
Once you've reinstalled it you will then need to bleed the system. Google ATTESA bleeding and you find the correct procedure for bleeding the system

Sorry to birng up an ancient thread but would you have a photo of the type of oil filter tool you used ?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts