GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been readin lots of posts on the forum still im not 100% sure what to beleive so just want to ask this again sorry guys

can you register a r34 gtr here in the Uk
how?
and how much money will it cost?

and who/where can you get it done from

·
Registered
243 Posts
Try Topspec Imports mate!
went to pick up some parts for my 33 and saw a couple of lovely NUR Spec's,
with uk plates,(if the owners of those NUR Specs are from this forum, just like to say that they are mint)
i know they have done quite a few GTR34's

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
:bowdown1:
Try Topspec Imports mate!
went to pick up some parts for my 33 and saw a couple of lovely NUR Spec's,
with uk plates,(if the owners of those NUR Specs are from this forum, just like to say that they are mint)
i know they have done quite a few GTR34's
How much they going for?

Sorry if im stealing the thred, I acutally wanted to know the anwser to that question aswell. :bowdown1:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Just had a look at Topspec website but I couldn't see any NUR's? I wanna see them!!!

Also where are Topspec at, I couldn't find an address either?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Just had a look at Topspec website but I couldn't see any NUR's? I wanna see them!!!

Also where are Topspec at, I couldn't find an address either?
i think that they are in the middle of remodernising their website,

price wise i didnt ask, just couldnt stop drooling over them....

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
There seems to be a few people that want the GTR 34 imported ,loads of folk saying it can be done for about another 5 grand extra:blahblah: ,yet hardly anyone has a new road legal import and no one one is importing them .If it's so fooking easy these days and is just a case of extra cash for the punter why aint importers getting them in to the UK .Considering it is now two years since the law changed on importing these cars where are all these new legal 34's ?I consider most of this bullsh1t:flame:

·
Registered
440 Posts
because they are the most expensive model.who wants to spend so much money and then not sell it.there are ways of doing it.the sva and 2995 + vat + sva or modified r34 gtrs another way less exspensive but need the know how :)

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
because they are the most expensive model.who wants to spend so much money and then not sell it.there are ways of doing it.the sva and 2995 + vat + sva or modified r34 gtrs another way less exspensive but need the know how :)

Are they really the most expensive model ? I did not know that :chuckle:
Lets look at the facts about these cars ,Christian R has a midnight Purple that he got road legal ,we all know that ,he aint on the mainland though and it was alot of hassle I belive.

Check out what good quality 34's are going for ,and they are holding a good price still due to how few are about .Now if you could still source a 34 from the net ,in from Japan through an import company and get the car legal for 3 grand extra best of freaking luck to you . Someone always knows someones mate that knows a guy who's sisters boyfriend got one :rolleyes: but no one comes on here and with a new import and tells everyone how easy it is and so and so Company can get it all done for you .So I call still call bullsh1t on this :)

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Are they really the most expensive model ? I did not know that :chuckle:
Lets look at the facts about these cars ,Christian R has a midnight Purple that he got road legal ,we all know that ,he aint on the mainland though and it was alot of hassle I belive.

Check out what good quality 34's are going for ,and they are holding a good price still due to how few are about .Now if you could still source a 34 from the net ,in from Japan through an import company and get the car legal for 3 grand extra best of freaking luck to you . Someone always knows someones mate that knows a guy who's sisters boyfriend got one :rolleyes: but no one comes on here and with a new import and tells everyone how easy it is and so and so Company can get it all done for you .So I call still call bullsh1t on this :)
:bowdown1:

·
Registered
318 Posts
you can have a 1 off emissions test done at southampton docks.
after the car passes this you then have a sva test done. all this will cost around 5grand ish, maybe a bit cheaper, you would need to check with derek at the emissions lab.
i know this works 100% as i done it myself. my car was the first one they done and they charged me 4k. i then had the sva test done which cost £700 then registing fees (200 odd quid with 1 years tax)
if your car is modified you will need to return it to standard so you'll be best off to buy a standard one, even down to alloy wheels, they have to be standard. address and phone number below.......
EMISSION LABORATORY (UK) LTD
DEREK LENNIE ( LABORATORY MANAGER)
UNIT 25
EUROPEAN WAY
EASTERN DOCKS
SOUTHAMPTON
HAMPSHIRE
SO14 3XD
EMAIL [email protected]
[email protected]

·
Registered
826 Posts
according to the supras forum jurgen at - JM-Imports - High Performance Cars Direct From Japan has bought two r34 gt-r i believe they are blue and silver one.

not on his site as yet.
i know jurgen personally,and i can confirm he has purchased 2 r34gtr's.
they are in transit now and he will be having a test done at e-labs once they arrive.

i looked into importing a r34gtr myself,and yes it can be done but its expensive.

the car has to be 100% standard to pass the tests.

so it could be a big gamble,thats why i have changed my plans.
roll on 2009 when we can ship them over no problem :chuckle:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts