GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like title. I'm looking for an R34 GTR preferably Vspec II . the only problem is that i'm in the US. the legalization would be a hassel; however, still up for the buy. Also if anybody is willing i have a Toyota Supra that i would trade for with additional funds. The car can be sold in the States for around $50,000. Any offers please pm me or add to thread.

-Jayson

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hey Guys, Need your help! If You Guys now I have been looking for a R34 GTR for US driving and i am very willing; however, i saw these R34's on ebay and just had to see if they were legit. If any of you guys can check it out it would be extrordinarally helpful for me. and also see if any of you guys can help me out with a US legalization company.

Thanks again,
-Jayson

eBay Motors: Nissan : Skyline GT-R (item 140040820996 end time Oct-17-06 09:20:48 PDT)

eBay Motors: Nissan (item 260040057594 end time Oct-16-06 19:56:12 PDT)

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
you can't get an R34 legalized, period. There are a few legal R34s, I think one was for sale in Seattle area not too long ago, priced at $100,000. If you're in Florida though, it'll be easy to get it state-registered, plated, insured etc., but if federal authorities ever catch the car, it'll be confiscated. And then there's the problem of getting the car into the US in the first place - Florida may be cool with you having an R34, but it's US Customs at the docks, and the feds definitely won't let the car through, at least not in one piece. No restriction on parts though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Motorex can still legalize Imports to the US. I really want this car and i'm very willing but if i could get the car for $20,000 less, by any means necessary, i'll do it.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Motorex can still legalize Imports to the US. I really want this car and i'm very willing but if i could get the car for $20,000 less, by any means necessary, i'll do it.

Hiro and Motorex are DONE! He's in jail...or running from the law last I heard! An R34 for $20K...keep dreaming man, remember, if it sounds too good to be true it probably is!!!

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
My importer has an R34 (in Korea now) that you might swing for $30,000 or so. It's missing an engine and transmission, but has a complete interior. You *may* be able to bring it in as a "rolling assemblage of parts", but then again, you might not, and it could get seized by US Customs. Skylines are a bad word for the US DOT currently with the whole Motorex debacle and a highly recognizable car. Legalization costs for an R33 (modifying the car to come into NHTSA and DOT compliance) will cost $20-$25,000 on top of the car's price, if you can find someone who'd do it.

Motorex is out of business and already liquidated, and the cops are still trying to track down some of the cars that were stolen from customers. Only airbag-equipped R33 Skylines that do not have OBD-II engine management ('95-'96)can be legalized, but no one's been able to do it yet.

Your only option to get a legal R34 is to buy one that Motorex has already managed to sneak in and get legalized (as 1996 model year cars, part of the reason why they got shut down), and is already in the US. Expect to pay six figures. Otherwise, get an R34 in Japan, disassemble it down to a shell and several crates of parts, ship it to America all to different locations, then reassemble it and hope a federal agency never sees your car on the road. Or, go to Japan, marry a Japanese woman, register the car in her name, and she can bring in the car under a personal exemption. But the car must be exported or destroyed after one calendar year. Or, buy an R34 Z-tune, which might make the Show and Display exemption (under which the Porsche 959 was finally made legal).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts