GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The above photo is from the boot of my car. I need to install a new aftermarket intank nismo fuel pump. I understand the full set of gadgets numbered 1-3 here will need to be removed to get to the pump below them.

Now, my questions are:-

1. What are these electrical units and what do they do in brief - marked 1, 2?
2. Can I just disconnect the connectors marked 1, 2 & 3 here and remove the units and reconnect when I am done? Hoping not to screw something while doing this.
3. I will disconnect the mains from the battery for safety before starting this work. If I disconnect the above 3 connectors and then reconnect them after the work, will they work fine once the battery is reconnected? I am hoping nothing needs resetting since the battery will be out for a while.
4. Anything else I need to do while doing this? I will install the new pump via a new relay.

·
Registered
664 Posts
i dont really know what they are there for but i disconnected and removed all 3 units to inspect my fuel pump and everything was working fine after i reconnected all 3 units and the battery.

·
Registered
428 Posts
The units 1 2 3 are your g sensor and 4wd system as far as i know.
I would make sure your car is pointing straight front and rear wheels. Then to be on the safe side you can disconnect the battery.

By the way you will need to remove the rear seats for two 10mm headed bolts to remove the plate that those items sit on..
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i dont really know what they are there for but i disconnected and removed all 3 units to inspect my fuel pump and everything was working fine after i reconnected all 3 units and the battery.:
Thanks

The units 1 2 3 are your g sensor and 4wd system as far as i know.
I would make sure your car is pointing straight front and rear wheels. Then to be on the safe side you can disconnect the battery.
I will do that. Good info.

By the way you will need to remove the rear seats for two 10mm headed bolts to remove the plate that those items sit on..
:thumbsup:
I figured that out. Thanks for the info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.