GTR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
25,657 Posts
yep and a number of others went through which were low miles etc

prices are going up but i have to always say, these prices are only being achieved at USS / Japan not outside of japan

no one would pay that in the UK

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
FWTW I am pretty sure the R35 will pop in the future. It is the 3rd most instagrammed car so when the young 'uns start to make proper money they will all be after one. I am sure you could put the $$ into shares and make more but you can't drive, wash, polish and generally fetishise shares in quite the same way. :censored:

·
Registered
308 Posts

More American madness. The highest bid was $300,000 USD, but the reserve was not met for a worn out LeMans 300ZX. Not a bad car by any means, but what is fishy is that it has a 3.0 V6 instead of the 3.5 VRH35. For $300,000 USD, you can buy something even better and not worn out. If $300,000 USD is not the reserve, I am frightened to know what the seller wants for it. I could probably build something better out of a 300ZX for a small fraction of that highest bid and have enough left over to buy a supercar or two.

·
Registered
280 Posts
15m and didn’t even inspect it

Don't know what's worse between using "Magical spray" and denying that rust is rust or him washing his hands & taking no responsibility because this car is going to Omori for a full restoration regardless of its condition.🤔

·
Registered
25,657 Posts
Can’t blame garage defend in a way they just an agent but the buyer should know better and ask for an inspection

that said hope he know how expensive Omori factory is because his bill will be more than that cars purchase price

funny that GDs videos always focus on making sure strut towers are ok etc (inc auction inspection) then buy a mega expensive 34 with no inspection

if the car goes to Omori it’s mileage etc is reset if you having all that work done so I think it was more bragging rights on the purchase price

·
Registered
280 Posts
And that's why it's funny because they're always "check everywhere" but for this one, they really messed up.

I assume the Omori bill will be easily at a CRS level.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Is it even worth it to take a car to Omori Factory? They don't really show their process when working on chassis restoration so it's hard to say if they're doing anything special for bodywork. I also get the impression that they won't work on cars that are too far gone, stuff like repairing a bent frame is beyond what they're willing to do. I don't doubt for whatever price they ask though that the quality of their respray is a cut above most, extra coats + polishing of both base coat and clearcoat.

·
Registered
25,657 Posts
Is it even worth it to take a car to Omori Factory? They don't really show their process when working on chassis restoration so it's hard to say if they're doing anything special for bodywork. I also get the impression that they won't work on cars that are too far gone, stuff like repairing a bent frame is beyond what they're willing to do. I don't doubt for whatever price they ask though that the quality of their respray is a cut above most, extra coats + polishing of both base coat and clearcoat.
they do show it in gtr magazine with the demo car builds

·
Registered
9,723 Posts
The hysteria over these cars is unreal. Spending super car money on a rusted or high mileage Nissan is madness. how much greater is it over an R32 or an R33? Personally the R33 is a better car. Many are too scared to drive it what is the point then to own one but to just look admire and post pictures on Instagram showing everyone that you have an R34. I mean if it was some exotica you could understand.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The hysteria over these cars is unreal. Spending super car money on a rusted or high mileage Nissan is madness. how much greater is it over an R32 or an R33? Personally the R33 is a better car. Many are too scared to drive it what is the point then to own one but to just look admire and post pictures on Instagram showing everyone that you have an R34. I mean if it was some exotica you could understand.
It makes no sense but the fashion among the various social networks and people who understand little about the true culture of the car is traveling in this direction. the same reason many believe that R33 is a "whale". Instead it is a very good car.

build it, drive it and improve together
this is the right way for me

·
Super Moderator
15,728 Posts
I think it's a combination of the R34 being the rarest of the bunch, the most famous (think Paul Walker) and I just think it's far more presence. I've never really liked the rear....but that front profile is iconic.

Reactions: FRRACER

·
Registered
213 Posts
Forgive me if this has been mentioned before but I'm told there's something about vehicle rules in the US that mean the R34s will, on one or two years time, be exempt from some of the emission restrictions?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Forgive me if this has been mentioned before but I'm told there's something about vehicle rules in the US that mean the R34s will, on one or two years time, be exempt from some of the emission restrictions?
They should become legal from 2023
I'm not sure but I remember reading that the 1999 V Spec (mp2 LV4 color) and the M-Spec NUR Millennium Jade (JW0) already are. But I repeat I'm not sure.

·
Registered
202 Posts
In a few years yes, but it's because of federal motor vehicle safety standards, not emissions. FMVSS is exempt at 25 years, emissions (EPA compliance) is exempt at 21 years. Meeting FMVSS requires crash testing which is way beyond the cost of what people are willing to pay for these cars. Smart people have been buying R34 GT-Rs and storing them in preparation for that time, people getting in now are getting in late. R33 GTRs went up in the ~6-8 months before they became legal because people don't really care about the 1995s other than people in California realizing that anything newer than that would be very difficult to get to comply with the state-specific emissions requirements which have no rolling exemption, just a fixed 1973 year for gasoline.

They should become legal from 2023
I'm not sure but I remember reading that the 1999 V Spec (mp2 LV4 color) and the M-Spec NUR Millennium Jade (JW0) already are. But I repeat I'm not sure.
Those are exempt through a special program called Show and/or Display, which requires a special application to the government. The 1999 VSpec MNP2 (must be MNP2) is on the approved list for Show and/or Display. The M-Spec Nur in general, no specific color, is also on the list.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Those are exempt through a special program called Show and/or Display, which requires a special application to the government. The 1999 VSpec MNP2 (must be MNP2) is on the approved list for Show and/or Display. The M-Spec Nur in general, no specific color, is also on the list.
Thanks for confirming the regulation I had read

41 - 60 of 66 Posts