GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

bought my GTR in the beginning of 2009.
Had a lot of work with the car. It was not in the best shape. Also some parts are missed,...
Not realy mapped and the timing belt was not in the right position.

After a lot of work, new parts, and thousands spend for german registration and repairing the GTR I can drive it.

When I bought the GTR the transmission was not in perfect working condition. I thought with it will be better after I changed the oil. But that does not happen. After I talked to GETRAG they said stop driving and bring the transmission to us to fix it.
So some thousands more for a GTR in 10 year old condition. I don´t know if japanese cars are in better condition but this one is not the best.

Anyway a list of mods and first pictures (not the right license plate! this one is only a plate to drive 5 days!) of it.

Midnight purple 2
Nismo carbon bonnet
Nismo front bumper
Nismo side skirts
Nismo rear sparts
Top Secret rear carbon diffusor
Nismo wheels
Carbon cooling panel
Blitz filters
Oil cooler
new Splitfires
3" Downpipe
HKS Super Dragger exhaust
Apexi Power FC with boost control kit mapped at 1.1 bar
Nismo floor mats
Nismo 320 km/h speedo
new EBC turbo groove discs and yellow stuff pads

transmission will be rebuild next few weeks
new clutch needed

More pictures will follow

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
I can see them fine.

Looks stunning as always!

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
l was going to say the same thing!... surely a members old 34?
I wonder... was it sold in that condition?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Condition of this GTR is ok but not perfect or reliable.

The rust under the car is not that problem. I can handle that in winter time when my garage is finished.
But the problems with the engine, the parts wich are installed and never seen like splitfire coilpacks,...

The paint of the car is also not in best condition. Also the interior.

Maybe I wanted to much from a ten year old car.

Anyway, I think I paid a little too much for it. All the things I have to do now raises the price in regions of a superb GTR straight from Japan.

But now this is in my hands, so I work on it. In a few years it definitly needs a repaint! So I have to find out where I can get the paint.

Pictures of the repaired transmission, clutch,... will follow.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it was Legans GTR.

I bought it like you see in the pictures. Only the exhaust is a different one.

In pictures the car looks awesome. But in details you find a lot of spots where the paint is not good,...
a little bit rust at the third brake light,...

a lot of small chips on the side,...

but for a 10 year old car maybe ok.

Anyway I will do my best to amke the GTR look in a better condition; all around it

Hopefully I will get my transmission back in 3-4 weeks! Maybe than the weather is better in Germany to take some better pictures.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes I know, thanks

but this have to wait. First the transmission and than we have to do a lot of work and spen a lot of money to our freehold apartment (our own apartment)

So hopefully in wintertime the garage is finished, than I can do more work to protect the body from rust. After that we´ll see how it goes on.

·
Super Moderator
15,844 Posts
I think the majority of 10 year old GTRs need a bit of paint attention unless they have extremely low mileage tbh. My car definitely does (front bumper mostly, but once you start looking around you find plenty!).

Transmission is a bit of a pain though, hope you get it sorted. It still looks a lovely car.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmm started 2 Threads?!? I don´t know why.

Anyway here is the Link
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/123330-my-mp2-bnr34.html

and here some pictures 2 weeks ago. We were at a ADAC Track, they do a little short Slalom Track for us (the Subaru guys were much faster)
But to learn more about the GTR, this was good and a lot of fun.
Next year I want to run on real race tracks :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 97 Posts